News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Apparently, I'm obsessed with Brassmasters

Started by EBK, February 14, 2022, 05:14:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBK

I think it was just too cold.  The air was pretty dry.  Part of the reason I kept it is because I don't know if I could reproduce this.  I would definitely try though. 
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

EBK

Clear coat applied.  Texture intact/enhanced.  Static photos don't work well for this.   ;)
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

benny_profane

matmosphere

mjg

Gah, moving pictures, what sorcery is this?

Looks excellent!

EBK

This coincidence blows my mind:
Apparently, I'm not the only EBK to build Brassmasters in 1590B enclosures.

Again, this is NOT from me, but it I think it looks nice.  Weird world we live in.  I think the other EBK may be in Japan based on my Googling results.

jimilee

More sorcery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

matmosphere

Wait you have a clone!? Do we all have clones!! I hope my clone doesn't make better pedals than me. Wait are you the clone?

That's a pretty hilarious coincidence.

EBK

Build #3 is complete!

harryklippton

That came out great. The finish is excellent!

thomasha

benny_profane

EBK

Thanks, everyone!
I'm very pleased with how #3 turned out.  It will probably be a while before I start #4, but I will update this thread when I do.

jwin615

Quote from: EBK on March 03, 2022, 06:10:41 PM
Thanks, everyone!
I'm very pleased with how #3 turned out.  It will probably be a while before I start #4, but I will update this thread when I do.

EBK,
Awesome looking builds.
I'm hoping to tackle my first brass master over the holidays with Brian's board. Ultimately I want to do a dual with a heavily modified BMP with series/parallel capabilities but figured, for once, I wouldn't over complicate things out of the gate, and still trying to find a solution that offers order switching as well as series/parallel switching that won't be a rats nest of mistakes and regrets.

Anyhow, curious if you have any suggestions on the builds and/or mods you particularly enjoy.
I love the sound of this pedal stock, but will alternate it between 5 string bass and baritone(mid forward, mostly)guitar so any advice there is welcome.

EBK

The best mod for the Brassmaster is the volume knob.  I believe Brian's board has this already. Without it, the circuit is LOUD.  I experimented in my second build with limiting the sweep of the Brass Level control, but having a volume knob is better.  Other than that, my favorite trick with the Brassmaster is to throw an octave-down circuit in as the input.  The result made me grin nonstop.  I'll be revisiting that in the future. 

I'm not sure how the series/parallel BMP combo idea would sound, but I like your thinking, and I can't wait to hear it.