News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Memory Man Artwork for Total Recall Build

Started by nzCdog, February 15, 2022, 12:30:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzCdog

Hey all! I'm planning my next build, a Total Recall PCB I've had for a few years.  I think I want to use a 1590XX in landscape orientation, and make it look like an old big box DMM. 

Hoping to imitate something like this.  I'd move the blend pot to match this control orientation.

I only have pretty basic graphic design skills, so was wondering perhaps if anyone knows of any existing artwork from the DMM big boxes out there I could use to get me started?  Or any tips?  My idea was to use GIMP to create a vector file for a Tayda UV print job.  Thanks in advance :)

Stomptown

Will this work?  PM me your email address if you want the pdf

nzCdog

Hey Jon!  Oh yeah, hey that'd be awesome... thank-you!
PM Incoming :)

benny_profane

Wow! That looks great! Did you recreate the type manually? I didn't think that it was an available typeface.

Stomptown

Quote from: benny_profane on February 15, 2022, 02:45:19 AM
Wow! That looks great! Did you recreate the type manually? I didn't think that it was an available typeface.

Yeah, it was a major pain in the butt. 😂

Stomptown

Quote from: nzCdog on February 15, 2022, 01:40:42 AM
Hey Jon!  Oh yeah, hey that'd be awesome... thank-you!
PM Incoming :)

No problem.  I'll send you the files in a sec.  Keep in mind the 3pdt location on my graphic might conflict with the Total Recall PCB.  I think Brian is working on a new/compact layout though so that would probably work fine.  The one I built used althe old school Dirtbag PCB!