News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

road rage on a switch?

Started by 9Lives, December 19, 2011, 08:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9Lives

would this be a dumb idea? I find myself putting everything on a switch just bc I like to... Would this be of use on, say, a compressor or ego driver? Or do you think i d just end up using 18v all the time? Also where is a good place to but the IC? Couldn't find it at smallbear. And I know radio shack would be just too convenient.

tenwatt

Not too bright....

k.rock!

Are you planning on doing this on a toggle switch or footswitch? I would imagine you want to do this on a toggle, which means you're not really concerned about popping since you won't be playing while doing it.

I would just tie the outputs from the RR like this:

18V
   |
 to PCB power
   |
  9V

Using an ON-ON SPDT. Just make sure you have all grounded properly, and you should be fine in my opinion...Heck give it a shot, if it doesn't work, well you learned something new haha ;)

Oh, and of course, verify all your components are at least rated at 25V to be safe. You dpn't want anything smoking

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

9Lives

yes, that's exactly what I thought about. With a toggle. I have heard that the ocd gives a different effect with 9 and 18v. I just like making my effects w lots of options. I thought this might be neat. I just hate adding a toggle that ends up in one position.

JakeFuzz

I've done it before on an OCD I built for a guy. You will probably end up keeping it in 18v mode. Sounds much cooler IMO. There is a little pop but nothing too startling. Could be cool for a comp though.

jambforthelamb

I have a Yamaha Pacifica equipped with EMGs that I did something similar to using a push-pull pot. The difference is minor, but it's there (in my case), although I will admit that more often then not I just run it at 18v. There is a small pop when changing the switch position.

-Kevin

9Lives

how does it sound w the emgs? I currently use the blackouts. It's hard to get a comp to do what I want it to do OS for clean, byoc 5 knob for distortion.