News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MIAB - Golden Falk

Started by gordo, February 20, 2022, 05:59:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

I've built a gajillion Marshall in a box pedals and this is one of the nicest.  Board is PedalPCB and I added their simple relay bypass and Kobiconn power buss pcbs. 

Tayda bright silver enclosure, and although this finish seems to seemingly scratch itself, I made it through the build with minimal scuffs :-)

White decal stock that I ordered accidently but came in handy here.

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Oh man, that's really sharp. The toggle is a nice addition there.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

I have heard nothing but good things about this pedal. Yours looks incredible I cannot wait to build what will end up being the pinto version compared to your ferrari

Bio77

Wow, that looks incredible!  I'm confused by the white decal stock, did you print gray onto white?

gordo

It's actually black onto the white and over a silver enclosure.  Gold would have been the color of choice but no matter what I did it either looked like yellow or baby crap and neither was appealing.  The white decal is surprisingly opaque.

Taking another look at the photo though, it does look grey doesn't it?  It's actually bright white.
Gordy Power

Bio77

cooder

Fab build and sharp looks!
Me thinks I need to put that on my list as well then... 8)
BigNoise Amplification

nzCdog

JackSkellington

The schematic is very similar to the Ramble FX Marvel Drive, but I guess it sounds good.
«Just because I cannot see it doesn't mean I can't believe it»

gordo

Never heard of that one but this build has me intrigued enough that I want to go back over the Runoff Groove dissertations and start to figure out the schematic connections between the amps and the pedals that try to emulate them.  I need to get out of my "order board/build board/next" mentality and actually get my own stuff together.
Gordy Power