News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Current Lover

Started by HousTom, February 26, 2022, 05:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HousTom

I seldom post my builds, but then again, they seldom turn out this well.   ;)
Not a quick or easy build but well documented and straightforward. Seems like with these bigger ones the best approach is to just be patient -- you're not gonna build it in one sitting. When first powered up there was no flanging so I had a small heart attack, but turns out if the "BIAS" trimmer isn't in the sweet spot you get signal but no effect. So that was a non-issue. Wife's "Cricut" machine made the logo.

I also recently built the Lectrik-FX Flintlock (ADA clone) and it's even more complex with a tricky calibration required. Next up is the Aion Dimension-C. That looks like a beast.

jimilee

Nice. I've got a dimension-c set of boards, and have for a while. I've been too intimidated to work on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Caedarn

Looks great!  I built the Dimension C about a year ago.  As Kevin's instructions say, follow his plan and don't freelance.  Low profile caps are a must.  The only thing that threw me off was the orientation of the header pins.

harryklippton

Did you hand paint the indicators and is that glow in the dark paint? I like that idea

gordo

I like the metallic logo.  That's a great looking build.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

HousTom

Quote from: harryklippton on February 26, 2022, 02:29:07 PM
Did you hand paint the indicators and is that glow in the dark paint? I like that idea

Used a "paint pen" to color the indicators green. Not glow. Need to clean 'em up. I do think I'll use this idea again, like rather than pink knobs on something, just do black knobs with a pink indicator for example.

Thewintersoldier

Great build, it's a fantastic circuit and easier to dial in than the flintlock as you have learned. Graphic looks cool and the knobs with green are a nice touch.
Who the hell is Bucky?

nzCdog

That looks fantastic ! Nice job, love the lettering and colors :)

HousTom