News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Urgent non-Sale Sale - please read

Started by madbean, March 01, 2022, 09:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Starting today, March 1st through Sat. March 5th, I will be running a non-sale sale. Why? Because 150% of the proceeds will be going to the Ukrainian Relief fund. Whatever dollar amount I receive in sales through the 5th will be donated and matched 50% on top of that by madbeanpedals. I picked this fund out of several options, but if anyone has a suggestion otherwise please feel free to enlighten.

Please consider participating. There are members of the DIY community in Ukraine. They need our assistance. The final proceeds will be donated anonymously but I will provide proof that the donation was made to anyone who wants it.

(ps I'll put one caveat - I'll have to limit my matching funds to $1k b/c anything more than that would probably wreck me right now. But, up to that!)

matmosphere

Thank you Brian, this is awesome!

I'm from the states but I lived in Kyiv for a couple years and it's a great place full of great people. It's very difficult to see a war happening on the streets you walked every day. Innocent people live on those streets, millions of them. They don't deserve this war but they are being forced into it. Their ability to rise to the occasion as been stunning to say the least and has galvanized the world around them. I want to hope so hard that this ends well, but for so many of them I know it will not.

Thank you Brian.

zombie_rock123

Wow. Brian, you're a wonderful person.
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

jimilee

Quote from: zombie_rock123 on March 02, 2022, 12:59:04 AM
Wow. Brian, you're a wonderful person.
That's very kind of you sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

Thanks, but no praise please. Just $$ if you can (I will include anything that goes through the Donation button in this fund as well if you don't want any boards now). And if you can't just, keeping yourself aware and informed about what's happening is a lot.

Also, we have many Russian members in the DIY community so I hope it's clear this is only about the humanitarian crisis, not politics. IMO, many innocent Russian people are being victimized through this ordeal, as well.

There's nothing we can do about that, but we can provide some small relief and assistance. This is just the best way I can think of doing it.

Thewintersoldier

This is so great Brian. Will the new projects be available for purchase by the 5th? I would love to contribute and I have multiple boards I want to get.
I wish more people were doing something like this!
Who the hell is Bucky?

madbean

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on March 02, 2022, 08:28:00 AM
This is so great Brian. Will the new projects be available for purchase by the 5th? I would love to contribute and I have multiple boards I want to get.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to include the new projects as part of the fundraiser so they will come a bit after. I'll need those sales for operational costs/bills, etc. It seemed best to do this sale now since it'll be a few more days for the new projects and I can contribute my available funds now.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: madbean on March 02, 2022, 08:41:15 AM
Quote from: Thewintersoldier on March 02, 2022, 08:28:00 AM

Unfortunately, I will not be able to include the new projects as part of the fundraiser so they will come a bit after. I'll need those sales for operational costs/bills, etc. It seemed best to do this sale now since it'll be a few more days for the new projects and I can contribute my available funds now.
Understandable, gonna place an order anyway for what I want that is available now. Thanks again!
Who the hell is Bucky?

NorthCoast

Quote from: madbean on March 01, 2022, 09:37:08 PM
I picked this fund out of several options, but if anyone has a suggestion otherwise please feel free to enlighten.

I've been posting these links to charities around, just thought I'd post them here:

Animal shelters in Ukraine: https://www.ifaw.org/news/emergency-aid-ukraine

List of charities: https://www.npr.org/2022/02/25/1082992947/ukraine-support-help?fbclid=IwAR1zlM8TKOa6t7Ql9OcT6Qjv-VNU2JgkibIF6Qhizd5POUF_Yz8Ud8nPN2k
"People discuss my art and pretend to understand as if it were necessary to understand..." - Claude Monet

gordo

This is amazing and I'm in.  I grew up in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.  Don't make me spell it.  In Canada, Saskatchewan has an enormous Ukrainian population and I put myself thru school and university playing in a Ukrainian wedding band.  Great people, insanely beautiful women, and killer food.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

matmosphere

Quote from: madbean on March 02, 2022, 05:01:08 AM
Thanks, but no praise please. Just $$ if you can (I will include anything that goes through the Donation button in this fund as well if you don't want any boards now). And if you can't just, keeping yourself aware and informed about what's happening is a lot.

Also, we have many Russian members in the DIY community so I hope it's clear this is only about the humanitarian crisis, not politics. IMO, many innocent Russian people are being victimized through this ordeal, as well.

There's nothing we can do about that, but we can provide some small relief and assistance. This is just the best way I can think of doing it.

Yeah, a lot of the reports of what is happening to protesters and others speaking out in Russia are truly chilling.

G.Bisson

I'm in for 150, 50 in boards and 100 individual donation.

madbean

Quote from: G.Bisson on March 03, 2022, 05:44:33 AM
I'm in for 150, 50 in boards and 100 individual donation.

That's incredibly generous. Thank you!

zgrav

jkokura

Ordered. I hardly build anymore, but I may as well have something else to add to my ever growing pile of "Projects I hope to get to one day!"

Good on you Brian. I've already donated to the same foundation, and it seems like most of the funds will go to where they will help.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals