News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aion FX Epsilon (Fuzz Face content)

Started by Aleph Null, March 08, 2022, 04:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleph Null

The Aion FX Epsilon is his deluxe take on a silicon Fuzz Face. I built it stock to begin with, but found it to be too polite for my taste.

Transistors are 2N3904 and 2N5089 with gains around 200 and 300, respectively. I increased the negative feedback resistor (R6) to 150k from 100k for more saturation. R9 was omitted to improve the range of the Contour control. The emitter capacitor (R9) is 10uF because I didn't have a 22uF available. I increased C7 from 10pF to 33pF to tame the highs a little more.

The theme was inspired by another Aion build I did previously. Old woodcuts make great pedal art.

gordo

Nice theme going there.  That's a really great look.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Bio77

jimilee

I'm digging the theme you got going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Aleph Null

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

What should the next circuit in the series be; reverb, delay, some kind of modulation? I feel like I could do a whole board like this. Not sure what astronomical bodies go with which effects, though.

zombie_rock123

Great idea with the series! Id vote Jupiter & moons for delay and Saturn & it's rings for phaser. For zero justifiable reason. And don't forget they renamed Uranus because of all the jokes, it's now called Urectum. Maybe Pluto for something small and angry like a Meathead in a 1590A cause who wouldn't be annoyed at being downgraded.
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

Aleph Null

Quote from: zombie_rock123 on March 11, 2022, 07:51:24 PM
Great idea with the series! Id vote Jupiter & moons for delay and Saturn & it's rings for phaser. For zero justifiable reason. And don't forget they renamed Uranus because of all the jokes, it's now called Urectum. Maybe Pluto for something small and angry like a Meathead in a 1590A cause who wouldn't be annoyed at being downgraded.

Jupiter as a delay. Saturn as a ring modulator, maybe?  ;) Except I have no use for a ring modulator. Neptune for chorus.

I could also do Pluto and Eris as 1590A builds!

zombie_rock123

Neptune is perfect for chorus! Pluto and Eris as mini silicon & germ versions of something would be cool like the Fuzzrite. Go the whole hog and do a patchbay called Io. I'd panic and go off track with a wood carving of the Birth of Venus for a reverb and hope someone looked one day and put 2+2 together!
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

Aleph Null

I made a one knob version of Tim Escobedo's "Harmonic Jerkulator" (a no mojo Harmonic Percolator) that would be great as a dwarf planet. Could do an orange squeezer and a Phase 45 as well.

Maybe get really nerdy and make an Oumuamua themed looper in a 1032L enclosure! Not going to find any woodcuts for that, though.