News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

R8 on Slow Loris/Runt schem

Started by madbean, March 26, 2012, 06:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

A mistake has been found on both the Slow Loris and Runt schematics. R8 on the existing schematics is shown in the wrong location. Instead of its current position before C12, it should be tied directly to the gate of Q1. Please see the the pics below which show the correct position of R8 on the schematic and the correct location to tie R8 off on the Slow Loris PCB so that it is tied directly to the transistor.

The good news is that if you have already built the Slow Loris, you do not need to change anything.
I tested this out thoroughly a few days ago, and there is no detectable alteration in tone. I tested with R8 in both locations at all gain and tone settings as well as with the guitar volume rolled down and there was no impact. Therefore, I suggest leaving it as is if you have already completed your build. If you want to change it anyway, the pic below shows where to tie off R8. You can do this by cutting the trace on the bottom side of the board between R8 and C12, and then running a jumper to the other side of C12.

The Runt and next batch of Slow Loris boards will have this fixed. I will correct the existing Runt schematic and re-upload the doc ASAP. Since the Slow Loris was already due to run again, the correction has been made on that PCB, too. The next batch of Slow Loris boards will be the same layout (with the correction) and have a "03.12" date on them to differentiate from the previous batch. Obviously, I will also be updating the SL docs to reflect the change and mistake.

Thanks to oldhousescott who pointed out the error! And, my apologies as well.