News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MadBean Wavelord (extra-wide)

Started by dawson, March 26, 2022, 12:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawson

Quote from: matmosphere on March 26, 2022, 09:24:51 PM
I have been just doing everything in tinkercad online. I keep forgetting fusion 360 is free to hobbyist. Is it noticeably better than tinkercad?

Unfortunately I don't know any other modern programs to compare Fusion 360 against, so I can only give you a non-answer.
The only shape I haven't been able to figure out how to model in '360 is a curved horn, but everything else has been fairly intuitive.
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

dawson

So, for months I'd been plotting and planning an overcomplicated way to control the tempo of my WaveLord with my Eurorack set-up..
Until yesterday I decided to read the data sheet for the Electric Druid Tap LFO chip and realized there's an incredibly simple way to do it!

The chip can be clocked with any pulse 0-5v, which matches the output of my Eurorack clock, so all I had to do was check out the schematic and tie a mono jack into the circuit to receive CV (control voltage.)

Three-cheers for reading!

The red wire is the new addition.  It connects to a jack mounted in a small utility module.

Super simple.
Eurorack and guitar effects all synced up- it's a happy day in SCHMORG land!

Bio77

Congrats, Dawson! I LOL-ed at your IRL thumbs up ;D   

dawson

Quote from: Bio77 on January 10, 2023, 02:15:25 AM
Congrats, Dawson! I LOL-ed at your IRL thumbs up ;D

Thanks, John!
I wish I could say this is the first time I've been laughed at for exposing myself, but..  :)