News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedals For Ukraine Info and Updates

Started by matmosphere, March 27, 2022, 03:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matmosphere

Hi Guys, Thank you so much to everyone who has gotten involved! Everyone here has always been an inspiring bunch of people, but this is a whole new level! I have been spending ton of time on getting this going but hopefully now it will be more maintenance than anything else. I have seen a bunch of amazing looking stuff getting finished here and had a bunch of questions so I am going to do my best to answer them here.

If you have a pedal that you want to submit please send the following to me at pedalsforukraine@gmail.com:

- Please do the profile questionnaire, and send a couple of pictures to go along with it, some builds, your workspace, guitars, pedalboards, just whatever you want that is pedal related.
- Pictures of the finished builds along with a brief description of the pedal and a short video or audio clip (59 seconds or less) to go along with the auction post. Please try to keep the descriptions under 1000. There is a character limit on instagram post and I have a decent amount of procedural stuff that needs to be included.
- Please let me know the geographic location that you can ship to so I can include that in the listing. I figure most of you guys are in the US, but I am not sure.

Once the auction is complete I'll co-ordinate with the winner to verify the donation is made, and send the verification to you along with their address so we can get the pedal shipped.

A quick update on how things are going so far.

- There are three auctions live currently and the high bids total about $475 between them at the moment.
- I think I have about six or seven more cued up, and I think I've seen at least a few more pop up here this weekend.
- I plan on starting auctions every other day, but may move up to every day if I keep getting stuff at this rate and I can find the time to make the post.

I have temporarily take the Ukrainian Red Cross off the donation list while I look into some things that were shared with me on instagram, so there may be some changes to organizations listed as our focus, but I don't know yet.

But again, I can't thank you guys enough for getting involved, this is awesome!

matmosphere

Alright, so quick update. First auction is done, and the donation has been made. We raised $420 (!!!) for the World Central Kitchen. I'll drop it in the mail as soon as I have confirmation of the shipping address.

I'm going to try and get the next pedal up later today.

peccary

I just wanted to post the profile questionnaire you typed up here since it is kind of buried in the other thread:

Profile questions

Name: (real name, user profile, company name, whatever you guys want here is good)

Why DIY:

Person build you like the best:

Favorite non-DIY (commercial) pedal:

What is spinning around your record player now:

Best show ever:

All the: (1 word answer only)

matmosphere

Quote from: peccary on March 29, 2022, 08:45:24 AM
I just wanted to post the profile questionnaire you typed up here since it is kind of buried in the other thread:

Profile questions

Name: (real name, user profile, company name, whatever you guys want here is good)

Why DIY:

Person build you like the best:

Favorite non-DIY (commercial) pedal:

What is spinning around your record player now:

Best show ever:

All the: (1 word answer only)

Thanks for doing that, I obviously meant to include that here.

I have everything I need to post the next two auctions, but am having trouble getting a decent idea of what is in the pipeline. If you guys are working on something for this and could take a second to send me an email and let me know what your plan is it would help me plan for the next week or two what will be going on.

Then once I get the bio, pics, and demos I will get everything on the instagram page and get the auctions started. The demos can be quick and dirty by the way, phone camera stuff is just fine, I hate making them too, but I think they'll help here a lot.

matmosphere

3 pedals down, 3 donations done. We have raised $620 so far.

Thank you gentlemen!

davent

Your auction/action got a highlight with links in today's newsletter from Love My Switches.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

EBK

Quote from: davent on April 01, 2022, 10:33:09 AM
Your auction/action got a highlight with links in today's newsletter from Love My Switches.
I saw that too!  Nice! 
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

matmosphere

Quote from: davent on April 01, 2022, 10:33:09 AM

Yeah, I'm super pumped about that. I picked up a couple dozen new followers at least from it.

NorthCoast

I sent out a couple of press releases today, hopefully we can get some more publicity and bring in more bids.
"People discuss my art and pretend to understand as if it were necessary to understand..." - Claude Monet

matmosphere

Quote from: NorthCoast on April 02, 2022, 08:12:06 PM
I sent out a couple of press releases today, hopefully we can get some more publicity and bring in more bids.

Cool idea, I have been trying to grow things but it's a challenge for sure. Did you just pull stuff from the Instagram page?

Could let me know who you sent it to and please forward a copy of what you sent out to pedalsforukraine@gmail.com. Also please put me in the loop on replies you get and stuff. I've invested a lot of time in this so far, so I totally appreciate the help.

NorthCoast

OK, I sent you an email.

I hope this helps.

I told them to contact pedalsforukraine@gmail.com for more information.
"People discuss my art and pretend to understand as if it were necessary to understand..." - Claude Monet

matmosphere

Oops, I just realized there was a confusing typo on the profile questionnaire

It should say

Personal build you like the best (as in your favorite pedal that you have built)

Four builds have been auctioned and are making their way to new homes. We have now raised over $750!!

You guys are awesome!

harryklippton

Quote from: matmosphere on April 03, 2022, 01:00:10 PM

It should say

Personal build you like the best (as in your favorite pedal that you have built)

Four builds have been auctioned and are making their way to new homes. We have now raised over $750!!

You guys are awesome!

I had been wondering about that the whole time

peccary

Quote from: harryklippton on April 03, 2022, 01:35:27 PM
Quote from: matmosphere on April 03, 2022, 01:00:10 PM

It should say

You guys are awesome!

I had been wondering about that the whole time

Yeah, I'd interpreted it as "person's build you like the most."  ;D

matmosphere

Um....  guitarworld.com

Holy crap!!

Thank you northcoast!!!!

hopefully that drives some bidding up.