News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedals For Ukraine Info and Updates

Started by matmosphere, March 27, 2022, 03:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBK

"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

NorthCoast

"People discuss my art and pretend to understand as if it were necessary to understand..." - Claude Monet

dan.schumaker

That is really cool!

I always figured we would make the pages of GuitarWorld, but we would be mentioned in an article called "The many lives ruined by DIY pedal building."  ;D ;D

jimilee

We are a rogue band of pedal builders!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

matmosphere

NorthCoast is the man! His reaching out to some of the big guys is really paying off.

Anybody willing to get in on a zoom call tonight or tomorrow to do a little planning for something that could be a little bigger than what we are doing now, and get some of you guys some exposure?

EBK

Quote from: matmosphere on April 06, 2022, 05:06:27 AM
Anybody willing to get in on a zoom call tonight or tomorrow to do a little planning for something that could be a little bigger than what we are doing now, and get some of you guys some exposure?
The Zoom call isn't itself the exposure, is it?

I'm thinking about building and contributing another pedal for the auction.  I don't build commercially, so I'm happy keeping a relatively low profile.  That said, I'd happily contribute to something bigger.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

matmosphere

Quote from: EBK on April 06, 2022, 05:19:10 AM

The Zoom call isn't itself the exposure, is it?

hahaha, this wouldn't be that kind of zoom call Eric.

no the zoom call would be to plan

jjjimi84

matmosphere

Okay, so I'm thinking tomorrow evening after all of you get off work or whatever, but before I have to go to bed. You're six pm EST is my midnight, so probably not much later than that.

You guys think you could maybe swing that?

benny_profane

Quote from: matmosphere on April 06, 2022, 07:46:27 AM
Okay, so I'm thinking tomorrow evening after all of you get off work or whatever, but before I have to go to bed. You're six pm EST is my midnight, so probably not much later than that.

You guys think you could maybe swing that?

That sounds good to me. I should be able to do that.

Bio77

I'm happy to help out with what I can.  I'm planning at least one more build for this. 

NorthCoast

Quote from: matmosphere on April 06, 2022, 05:06:27 AM
NorthCoast is the man! His reaching out to some of the big guys is really paying off.

I'm very happy to help out!  :) :)

"People discuss my art and pretend to understand as if it were necessary to understand..." - Claude Monet

matmosphere

So I can swing anytime between 4 and 7 to do a video call. Can you guys let me know what time would work for you and I'll try to figure out the best time and set it up. If you guys email the pedalsforukraine@gmail.com I can send out a link to the call from there.

Fingolfen

Thanks for doing this! I'd built up a couple of Ukrainian themed pedals (with some bits that came out of Ukraine) and have been looking for a good way to give back. You should have the deets now.