News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Clipping section on Uproar

Started by dfine22, December 21, 2011, 04:11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfine22

I wanted a little help understanding the clipping section on the Uproar circuit.  Basically I wanted to remove a pair of diodes to reduce the amount of clipping and I am not sure which pairs to do.  I have it set up like the build document dictates. Thanks for any help.

oldhousescott

The LEDs D8 and D9 are always in circuit, and if you've used the on/off/on SPDT switch as instructed, the middle off position will provide the least clipping, using only D8 and D9. If you desire less clipping than that, you'll have to unsolder one leg each of D8 and D9 from the PCB, either the legs going to pin 3 of the tone pot, or the legs going to ground, and tie those legs together and put a resistor (or another pair of diodes, any kind, in parallel but opposite polarity) in series with the LED legs, tied to one of the pads from where you removed the LED legs. Long sentence, but hopefully that made sense. That will raise the clipping threshold. You can experiment with resistor values (or additional diodes) until you get the response you're looking for.

dfine22

Thanks for the response.  I like LED clippers actually.  What about all the other diodes in the clipping section?