News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PFUKR - Kозак (Cossack)

Started by storyboardist, April 08, 2022, 03:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

storyboardist

Here's my first contribution to the Pedals for Ukraine fundraising effort. Really pleased with how this turned out. UV printed enclosure from Tayda and a new board that will soon be available on my store. It's a pretty standard Klone with Soviet D9E diodes (which I bought from a Ukrainian eBay seller a while back) and added Incandenza relay bypass.

(Now for a very condensed thumbnail of some history that is likely oversimplified.)

I picked Kозак as the name at the prompting of my friend Paul as the Cossacks have a long history of fighting for the freedom of Ukraine. They were highly regarded as soldiers and fighters and often were oppressed by Imperial Russia (among other neighbors) and later the USSR for fear of them seeking their own independence. They have been an image of national-identity for Ukraine's independence and freedom since the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991. The horseman imagery is based on the Bohdan Khmelnytsky Monument, depicting the first Hetman of the Zaporizhian Host (a Ukrainian Cossack state in the 17-18th centuries later wiped out by Catherine the Great) in Sophia Square in Kyiv.

Really enjoyed the history dive as much as designing the artwork and building the pedal!
Guy behind Effects Layouts

benny_profane

Beautiful inside and out! Thanks for doing the history research and providing the background for the inspiration. Very cool!

peccary

That's some really stellar work. Nicely done!

blackhatboojum

Beautiful!  With a badass story to boot.
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

jimilee

Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

Fantastic work! I love the concept and the execution is flawless.  8)

Bret608

I really like how deep you went with the history and meaning! Beautiful build and PCB as well.

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

gordo

Jesus, that is some of the finest build quality I've seen.  Good on you.  It's amazing to see what comes out of live and death inspiration.  I wish real world politics was this inspiring.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jjjimi84

Hats off to you! Just really top quality work!