News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Slurpee/Fluffgirl

Started by 3knobfury, April 10, 2022, 07:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3knobfury

Was the Slurpee ever a production board here at MBP? I didn't see it in the archive. There has been some interest expressed in the BassBalls circuit (with Hammer mods) over at PedalPCB forum and in my search of the web came across the Slurpee schematic. Just wondering if there are any boards floating out there for the Slurpee, or the Fluffgirl.

jimilee

I have the fluff girl build doc. You can layout the schematic and have some boards made. Also, I think there are vero layouts at tagboard or sabrotone. Effects layouts has a layout for the bassballs as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

3knobfury

That would be sweet. I would like to compare the Slurpee and Fluffgirl schems.

Bio77

Slurpee is in the "Etcher's Paradise" section.

3knobfury

Quote from: Bio77 on April 10, 2022, 10:09:40 AM
Slurpee is in the "Etcher's Paradise" section.
Thanks for that.
Quote from: jimilee on April 10, 2022, 09:37:10 AM
I have the fluff girl build doc. You can layout the schematic and have some boards made. Also, I think there are vero layouts at tagboard or sabrotone. Effects layouts has a layout for the bassballs as well.

Guess I need to wade into diptrace once I get my computer out of the windows repair loop. Nice to make your guys acquaintance over here. I go by Diynot over at PedalPCB.

cspar

I build a Slurpee a few days ago.  It's a great take on the Bassballs topology.

There is a few different threads with other mods over on diystompboxes.com that are worth looking over.

I have the fluff girl build doc. You can layout the schematic and have some boards made.

Can you share the build doc Jimlee? I don't see anything about it searching around.

jimilee

Quote from: cspar on April 10, 2022, 02:58:21 PM

There is a few different threads will other mods over on diystompboxes.com that are worth looking over.

I have the fluff girl build doc. You can layout the schematic and have some boards made.

Can you share the build doc Jimlee? I don't see anything about it searching around.

See if you can download this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e0qk2mgqolggngi/FluffGirlBuildDoc.pdf?dl=0
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

3knobfury

Thanks Jimilee. I was able to download the doc. I think the Slurpee is my way to go. It has all the mods I want.

Quote from: cspar on April 10, 2022, 02:58:21 PM

There is a few different threads will other mods over on diystompboxes.com that are worth looking over.

Thanks, I have def been over those threads. I have modded 2 already, but let them go at various times. Looking to build one on my own in a smaller footprint with all the goodies.😎

madbean

I probably should do that one as a regular project since I have the bass series now. Seems like an obvious choice.

3knobfury

Sign me up! Know a few others who would be interested as well.

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on April 10, 2022, 04:34:04 PM
I probably should do that one as a regular project since I have the bass series now. Seems like an obvious choice.
Yessir

cspar

Absolutely. I definitely would have bought one instead of adapting your layout to perfboard with a bunch of off board wiring.

Thanks for the fluffgirl link Jimlee.

dawson

I think that's a great idea.
I play in a band with a bass player who is interested in experimenting with tones, but he's still a bit intimidated by units with lots of controls like the 4-knob Junk Trunk.
A MBP BassBalls would be glorious!

BeanBalls!
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

cspar

Quote from: dawson on April 11, 2022, 12:27:48 PM
he's still a bit intimidated by units with lots of controls like the 4-knob Junk Trunk.

The Slurpee is a 5 knob version of the Bassballs topology with some of the Mark Hammer's mods.

You can get a Bassballs board that's the stock 1 knob version from Fuzzdog and possibly others. Nobody sells a prefabed board with any of the mods as far as I know.

There's a few threads over at diystompboxes.com that discuss the Bassballs circuit and contain some mods that aren't incorporated in the Slurpee.