News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Build log Harbinger 2 build, pic heavy

Started by cooder, April 12, 2022, 03:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Wow, just wow. That's some amazing work.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

harryklippton

🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵 well shit that's unbelievable. Thanks for giving me some new goals cooder

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

cooder

Thanks for comments guys, glad you enjoy my mucking around!

Next we need a light shield, right?
So I thin piece of alu (0.5mm thick and fold it into a wee box 20x20mm by 10mm high should do the trick.

It's thin enough to cut with a pair of scissor, then I score the folding lines lightly with a box cutter knife so they fold nicely.

Ready to fold:

Cute, in'it?

BigNoise Amplification

cooder

And here's the momentary switch for relay switching glued into place with some epoxy.

And under pressure it just triggers the switch.

BigNoise Amplification

BryGuy

Dang this is some nice work. Love seeing the process too.

cooder

The initial tapping of thread into acrylic wasn't quite strong enough in my opinion, so I went and put those brass 3mm thread inserts into it, will work better for sure.

More wiring done, relay is in, momentary switch wired up and status LED is in acrylic front piece.

I told ya it would be pic heavy.... ;)
BigNoise Amplification

Paradox916

Nothing wrong with that I like pictures... this has to be one of the coolest buildings I have seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cooder

Lightshield installed and bottom lightplate connected.

BigNoise Amplification

Bio77

Wow!  All the extra details you put into your builds are amazing.   8)

nzCdog

Fun thread! Looks real purdy Stephan! Thanks for thw pics 🙂

thomasha

Omg, just came by to praise the wiring.
The plexi lid is a must with such an organized interior

cooder

Thanks again guys for the kind comments.

Here she is now, all finished and warbly. Since I had the 'cold' look of brushed aluminum enclosure and acrylic I wanted something to balance it out.
Yin Yang, light and dark. That's what the Univibe bulb does, light and dark to create magic.
So the next materials to finish the exterior would be from the opposite end of 'feel':
leather for the treadle, wood, bone and paua (NZ native abalone) shell for the Yin Yang logo plate.

I called it the "Yin Yang Machine":

How's it sounding, I hear you ask.

Fabulous and having a Univibe that you can speed adjust while playing is just amazeballs fun.
Thanks Brian for such a cool project, highly recommend building it to everyone!
I might still after exploring it as is tweak some resitor values (the speed range) and the gain and bias trimmers, for now my better half keeps asking me "What's that suspicious big grin on your face about then...?!".
BigNoise Amplification

Bio77

Inspirational thread, thanks for all the details!  Build looks killer!

I was wondering what the extra bits on your relay bypass are.  Is the 10p cap for power filtering or is this a different version than the stock CODA? 

Thewintersoldier

I am speechless Stephan. I've been in awe of your work for years now. From amps to pedals, everything you make is inspiring and impressive on a level I can only hope to one day achieve. I threw out my iron and all my tools. I'm just gonna look at components in small pink baggies. Bravo 👏👏👏
Who the hell is Bucky?