News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD - 89 Strat Plus...

Started by Willybomb, April 26, 2022, 11:42:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

So, I got a cheap Squier project off a guy (great condition, he'd also put Gotoh locking tuners in it, so great value), and mentioned I was selling my PRS SE and Ibanez s670pb in order to get a Charvel So-Cal.   He messaged me later and asked if I'd do a trade:  Those two guitars for a Fender Strat Plus.

I ummed and ahhed about it for a while, and asked my friend if he wanted it.  We decided that if I didn't like it he'd buy it off me.  Anyway, it was in great nick and came with a hardcase so now I have an 89 Strat Plus to go with my Player Strat....

madbean

Good score. I'll still have my 89. It was nearly the same one as yours but it did not have the metal nut. Same one as I did al this nonsense to: https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=23275.0

pickdropper

I have a Strat Plus from '93.  Mine is all original except for neck, tuners, pickups, pickguard, pots and knobs.  A true collector's piece.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jessenator

Strat of Theseus
Penn Gillette said it's still original "as long as nobody else has the other parts" ;) nice looking axe!

This reminds me that I've got to save up for some gotoh parts for my paranormal Tele...

Willybomb

Quote from: jessenator on April 27, 2022, 04:44:15 AM
Strat of Theseus
Penn Gillette said it's still original "as long as nobody else has the other parts" ;) nice looking axe!

This reminds me that I've got to save up for some gotoh parts for my paranormal Tele...

As far as I can tell, the '89 is all original except someone put a silver Lace Sensor in the middle position.

My MIM Player has had plenty of mods done - tuners, saddles, lace sensors all round.  It the was the Squier that had the gotohs, but I've also changed out the pickguard for a HH with dimarzios....

jessenator

Quote from: Willybomb on April 27, 2022, 10:55:39 AMAs far as I can tell, the '89 is all original

That was aimed at pickdropper's reply, my apologies.

pickdropper

Quote from: jessenator on April 27, 2022, 01:28:04 PM
Quote from: Willybomb on April 27, 2022, 10:55:39 AMAs far as I can tell, the '89 is all original

That was aimed at pickdropper's reply, my apologies.

FWIW, it certainly was an accurate comment about my guitar.  I refer to it as my Strat Minus.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jessenator

Quote from: pickdropper on April 28, 2022, 03:26:36 AM
FWIW, it certainly was an accurate comment about my guitar.  I refer to it as my Strat Minus.

That's gold!