News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Quality hookup wire

Started by Beedoola, April 24, 2022, 02:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beedoola

What are you using for your pedal builds? Stuff I have is 24 gauge stranded but after examining some prior builds, I've noticed issues with them not tinning as well or easily breaking if I have to remove the circuit for repair/modding later.

mauman

This is my fave, after trying lots of different types.  It's 24 gauge stranded, prebonded, and the insulation is a hi-temp PVC that doesn't melt so easily when you solder (not Teflon, but also not as hard to strip.)  Flexes a lot without breaking, and tins easily.  There's a bug on the website, no "add to cart" button for this item, but SB says their web guru is working on it.  https://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/24-pre-bond-colors-50-ft-spool/

Beedoola

It fits stripboards, right?

jimilee

Quote from: Beedoola on April 24, 2022, 06:31:24 PM
It fits stripboards, right?
It's 24 awg, the whole thing will probably slide right through the hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

peccary

I have been using the pre-bonded wire from BLMS and I think it works well. I really like pre-bonded wire much more than regular stranded wire and solid core, though I do keep some solid core around for jumpers.

Thewintersoldier

I was gonna suggest the 1000ft roll of 22awg prebond stranded from stompboxparts for 25 dollars but it's all gone. I'll never need wire again
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

I use Barry's best hookup wire from GPCB.com. When he has a sale, I load up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Beedoola

Cool, I got some wire spools from LMS