News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Troubleshooting my Merman - PCB and SPS from VFE

Started by PangeaDestructor, May 05, 2022, 02:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PangeaDestructor

Hi All, thanks in advance for any help on this. I got a couple of SPS boards direct from VFE, I finally got the Merman all populated and wired it up to his SPS i/o power module, and...this is weird, I get an un affected signal when the effect is engaged (no effect and the pots change nothing), with true bypass switched on. Not just the output either, I used an audio probe and I'm getting unaffected sound through the circuit, so I'm really stumped here.

If I turn on the buffer, silence. Regardless of buffer position, I get nothing when the circuit isn't switched on. He sent me ribbon wire to use between the effect and switching board, but the indicators on the solder pads do not match up, so I used separate wires to match them up to their counterparts. I've included his diagrams for clarity (had to take pics of these, they're too big to attach here).

Let me know if anything jumps out, I'm thinking there must be something wrong between the board and switching board, or on the switching board itself, since the buffer doesn't seem to be working at all.

PangeaDestructor

This might be helpful info as well.

On the SPS board, the holes are: 9v IN BU -V GD +V OU HI FS LO. I left the 9v and HI unconnected.

On the Merman, they are BLANK IN BU -V GD +V OU LO FS. I left BLANK unconnected, and connected LO and FS to their corresponding pads on the SPS.

PangeaDestructor

Nevermind, problem solved! All I had to do was go against everything I've learned so far and ignore what the boards say, just connect everything going left to right and leave the leftovers empty. This thing rocks.