News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Madbean Sludgehammer

Started by Thewintersoldier, May 02, 2022, 06:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

I'm not a real bass player, I'm a guitar player faking it lol. Ive been waiting for this project to drop for a simple great sounding bass preamp that can cover a lot of ground for going into the interface and not using plugins.
       I straight forward build that is like a ducks butt, water tight. The top leaves little room for error in drilling. The sound is fantastic and can cover so much ground but I think I already found my preferred setting as in the video. Can do punchy or saturated, has a great EQ and the balanced out sounds great.
       Went with the trs balanced out as my two notes cabm+ only has trs in, and I plan on using that for bass cab IRs and power amp simulation. Went with a UV print on tayda matte dark grey enclosure. Obvious graphics choice for me. Brian really outdid himself on this one. Video has my preferred setting with my typical 90s style of simple basic bitch playing. Build this, it does not disappoint.

Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Awesome job. I'm not a real guitar player, I'm a bass player faking it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

harryklippton

This is the first time in a long time that I heard a pedal and thought I gotta have it!

EBK

Nice build and nice song selection!  8)
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

blackhatboojum

Tight fit?  Nah.  Tight ass build is what this is.
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

Paradox916

Tight is both a verb and a noun.... This build is awesome! Excellent job!.... I know what's at the top of my next order!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thewintersoldier

Thanks guys, it's a cool pedal and I see it being used a lot. I may even give up my crappy 15w ss bass amp since this will be all I use now. Thanks again for this project Brian.
Who the hell is Bucky?

matmosphere

That's awesome! Flawless inside and out!

I'm not a bass player or a guitar play, but I can fake it on both if I have to.  ;)

Bio77

Yep, Will has this all figured for everyone.  TAF!  8)

jjjimi84

That is a downright beauty! Top shelf shit my man