News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

May release schedule

Started by madbean, May 04, 2022, 05:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Since the April releases did so well I've had a few $$ to push through more projects for May. Here's what to expect (probably the 3rd or 4th week of this month):

Collosalus 2022: MXR Flanger - Improved 1590BB 4-layer PCB.
IMP 2022: Klon - new 1590B 4-layer PCB.
Impulse Power: Boss OS-2 - 125B.
Oracle: Boss CS-3 - 125B. (fantastic compressor)
Tourbus: EHX Memory Man PGE (positive ground edition) - 125B 4-layer PCB.

Projects are starting to get much shorter turnaround times so I hope to keep this momentum going through the summer with monthly releases.

benny_profane

Does that mean you're going to start a PCB of the month club where we get new boards shipped out regularly? Can't wait for the Tourbus.

madbean

Quote from: benny_profane on May 04, 2022, 05:35:45 PM
Does that mean you're going to start a PCB of the month club where we get new boards shipped out regularly? Can't wait for the Tourbus.

Haha. No.

nzCdog

Woah... exciting to hear about Oracle and Tourbus!  Coolness 8)

gordo

I dunno, I kind of like the subscription model. Maybe gives you a bit more capital to move forward on boards?
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on May 06, 2022, 08:19:22 PM
I dunno, I kind of like the subscription model. Maybe gives you a bit more capital to move forward on boards?
That's a double edged sword though. That's a lot for one person to keep up with while designing other projects and keeping everything stocked. That has the potential of being a full time job. I'm and of itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bucksears

Return of the Collosalus!!!
Yeah, that and the OS-2 will be day one purchases for me.

brucer

Quote from: madbean on May 04, 2022, 05:05:06 PM
Since the April releases did so well I've had a few $$ to push through more projects for May. Here's what to expect (probably the 3rd or 4th week of this month):

Collosalus 2022: MXR Flanger - Improved 1590BB 4-layer PCB.
IMP 2022: Klon - new 1590B 4-layer PCB.
Impulse Power: Boss OS-2 - 125B.
Oracle: Boss CS-3 - 125B. (fantastic compressor)
Tourbus: EHX Memory Man PGE (positive ground edition) - 125B 4-layer PCB.

Projects are starting to get much shorter turnaround times so I hope to keep this momentum going through the summer with monthly releases.

^Great projects MB!  Just those releases would make for a very nice and flexible pedalboard.   ;)

madbean

IMP 2022 all boxed up. This is a very easy build (esp. compared to the 1590A version).

jimilee

Nice!

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

Project docs are going up and will continue throughout the week. Shooting for a Saturday or Sunday release.

I hit a major snag on the IMP2022. Even though it was built, boxed and sounding just fine when I got down to taking voltage measurements I found DC at the input which absolutely should not be there. I've spent hours trying to figure out what's going on. Removed, replaced parts, built a second board, even removed silk screen to expose traces. I simply can't find the fault or source of the DC. This is a major bummer since these boards were expensive and I've already invested a lot of time into it. But, such is the life of developing and releasing products as a sole proprietor. Maybe I'll be able to figure it out in the next few days, or maybe it will get shelved:( I did skip the prototying stage for this and went straight to production. I felt safe doing so since it's a proven project. Perhaps that was a big mistake.

jimilee

Oh no!

gordo

Hopefully simple problem to solve that's staring right at you.  Better yet, one that doesn't require a board rev.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Thewintersoldier

I'm curious what the tour bus extras all has in it. Can you share @madbean
Who the hell is Bucky?

thesmokingman

have mercy ... been waiting on the bus all day
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX