News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Splunker build

Started by gordo, May 06, 2022, 06:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

I'll probably upload a few shots of this thing but it's pretty much my usual.  Which is why I'm posting about it.  I built the original and at the time had a bit of an attitude about PT delays and all the Timmy variants and while I liked it, it didn't really light the fire.

I feel a tremendous loyalty to Brian and I tend to buy boards even if I'm on the fence and this was one of those "well I'm ordering some other stuff...lets try this one".  This strategy paid off big time.  I haven't had this much fun on the bench in years with this build.  I used some pretty generic trans (I'll post them with photos) but stuck to the gain ranges that were recommended.  Like to within a decimal point.  The video that he posted is pretty much dead on to my build but now that I know what I'm listening to it sounds far more interesting.  Brian, if I have a complaint, it's that there was too much stuff going on to single out an effect.  Never mind, this is a cool build.

Replace the output gain resistor.  Just do it, you'll thank me later.  You don't need to darken this thing so don't worry about the optional cap.  Play with the transistors but the gain ranges as doc'd sound really nice and I totally dig the "roaring" bottom end like a good FF should have.

Needless to say I will NOT be showing this to the usual crowd...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

cooder

Curiosity killed the cat and me. You got me again...
BigNoise Amplification