News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aion FX Lab Series Preamp

Started by Drew Hallenbeck, May 13, 2022, 06:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew Hallenbeck

I bought two sets of boards for this project soon after it was released. Sat on them for quite a while and eventually jumped on the chance to buy two of the custom enclosures during one of the limited runs. And promptly kept sitting on them.
I was talking to a guy who was interested in one of them so I got started building. That was almost three years ago! I've had them nearly completed for a long time, they just slipped through the cracks.
Well I finally got around to finishing up the last little bit of wiring and went through the setup/calibration process. Everything works as expected and they really do sound great.
Here's the one I'll be keeping for myself!
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

Phil Hodson

Looks amazing. Where did you get the enclosure from??

Drew Hallenbeck

Quote from: Phil Hodson on May 13, 2022, 06:48:23 AM
Looks amazing. Where did you get the enclosure from??

I ordered it from Aion FX. He did a couple different limited runs of them a few years back. I'm not sure how long ago the last run was or if he might be doing any more.
They are pretty nicely done though. They were powder coated and printed from Pedal Parts Plus.
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"

Thewintersoldier

Strong work Drew💪 Any way we could get a sound clip?
Who the hell is Bucky?

thesmokingman

I always wanted to build one but wouldn't do it without the enclosure and name plate. Sad that I missed those opportunities.
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

Bio77

That looks awesome! I've still got a bug in mine to fix.

Quote from: thesmokingman on May 13, 2022, 03:35:28 PM
I always wanted to build one but wouldn't do it without the enclosure and name plate. Sad that I missed those opportunities.
I think if you emailed Kevin, he'd might send you the art file.  You could order the enclosure yourself through Tayda.

Phil Hodson

That's a good idea. I will drop him a line. It makes it look very professional indeed.

Phil Hodson

I have actually just re-looked at his page for this project and the art work is there already. So can use that to do it. Perfect!

Drew Hallenbeck

Quote from: Bio77 on May 13, 2022, 04:45:19 PM
That looks awesome! I've still got a bug in mine to fix.
Quote from: Bio77 on May 13, 2022, 04:45:19 PM

What's the bug you need to fix?

Invertiguy

Nice work, I love your choice of knobs! Those Aion enclosures are slick as hell too. I don't blame you for sitting on it, it's definitely an intimidating project but very rewarding once you get it together!
Doomsday Devices

Paradox916

This preamp has always peaked my curiosity... nice job man it looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nzCdog

Phwoar.. That looks great! Loving the colored knobs and graphics

Martan

Nice job! I did the same thing you did. Have been sitting on it since the first run. Too many projects:)

EBK

Excellent knobbage!  Those from BLMS?
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Drew Hallenbeck