News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Deuce Drive

Started by jimilee, May 17, 2022, 02:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

My lack of creative names decided this will be the Deuce Drive. It's an OS2 overdrive distortion.thing.  I think it sounds great. I don't think the graphics turned out fabulous, I sanded it down and did it again. I wasn't going to do a third time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

blackhatboojum

Looks good to me.  Sometimes the simplest looking ones sound the best.  Either way, nicely done.
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

Thewintersoldier

What's this one all about Jimi? I'm not hip to the overdrive game as they all kinda sound the same to me. I've actually never heard of it because boss makes so many pedals, I'm gonna have to look it up. I love the look though, boss always had the coolest looking aesthetic to me. Killing it Jimi!
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on May 18, 2022, 03:55:10 AM
What's this one all about Jimi? I'm not hip to the overdrive game as they all kinda sound the same to me. I've actually never heard of it because boss makes so many pedals, I'm gonna have to look it up. I love the look though, boss always had the coolest looking aesthetic to me. Killing it Jimi!
Hey thanks. From what I've read, it's a DS-1 and an SD-1  in one box. The color knob selects between the two or can blend them.  Roan has one releasing this month.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bret608

Cool! Did you do any mods from the stock schematic? I always liked the idea behind this circuit and thought the OD side sounded pretty good when I tried one briefly at GC years ago. In the old Indyguitarist mods book I bought ages ago, there were a lot of fun mod suggestions for this one. Looking forward to Brian's board coming out.

Bio77

Man you are killing it with these layouts!  I keep running into bugs on mine  :P

jimilee

Quote from: Bio77 on May 18, 2022, 01:15:16 PM
Man you are killing it with these layouts!  I keep running into bugs on mine  :P
Yep, most the schematic online are off. I finally found one that has the missing key.

jimilee

Quote from: Bret608 on May 18, 2022, 07:41:52 AM
Cool! Did you do any mods from the stock schematic? I always liked the idea behind this circuit and thought the OD side sounded pretty good when I tried one briefly at GC years ago. In the old Indyguitarist mods book I bought ages ago, there were a lot of fun mod suggestions for this one. Looking forward to Brian's board coming out.
Yep, I think it was the mod to have more low end.