News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Polytrogs

Started by zombie_rock123, May 20, 2022, 10:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombie_rock123

Hands down the best modulation circuit I've ever played. I never really gelled with a lot of modulation which feels a bit like an amateur baker saying "Aint cake a bit shit" but this beast is a whole new level of groovy. I like wobble but if the cycle/sweep is constant I feel a bit like a kid trying to time jumping onto a roundabout.

Made one for myself and showed a mate who had to have one but told me to lose the sweep setting. Guess which bellend wired the switch pads the wrong way at first. Also calibrating the second one I got down to the section that said "The multi-turn trimmer is included.." which was a great touch and you'd think I'd not made them days apart to forget that. Anyone else find they'd rather spend half an hour calibrating rather than 2 minutes swapping a part?

Gutted the green one is off out the door but will definitely make another.

I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

jimilee

Wow, that's really fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

mjg

They both look amazing

jjjimi84

That is some top shelf work there

Bio77

blackhatboojum

The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

cooder

Sweet wobbly stuff, looking great in and out!
BigNoise Amplification

zombie_rock123

Cheers guys! Haven't been this taken with a circuit in a long while. A thousand space thankyous to Brian for sticking with it!

Thewintersoldier

Absolutely fantastic in every way, inside and out. It really is a great pedal. Glad to see more of these being built. Also, props for using the original Perkins Elmer vactrols. I wish I could find some of those!
Who the hell is Bucky?

Invertiguy

Nice work, those look amazing! How do you do your graphics?
Doomsday Devices

peccary

Great looking build!

Aleph Null

Both look fantastic, but I especially like the black over orange! Going to have to try that effect myself.

zombie_rock123

Cheers fellas!

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on May 21, 2022, 03:35:04 PM
Absolutely fantastic in every way, inside and out. It really is a great pedal. Glad to see more of these being built. Also, props for using the original Perkins Elmer vactrols. I wish I could find some of those!

According to Paypal I bought them in 2016 from the States, I would love to ask myself what the hell I had in mind back then!

Quote from: Invertiguy on May 23, 2022, 05:41:12 AM
Nice work, those look amazing! How do you do your graphics?

Cheers dude! Graphics are unglamorous waterslides. Sunnyscopia laser decal paper, an ancient Brother laser and a long time faffing about smoothing them down with coffee filter papers. Few coats of whatever clearcoat I've to hand and pray I've not made any typos. Again.

Quote from: Aleph Null on May 23, 2022, 04:07:21 PM
Both look fantastic, but I especially like the black over orange! Going to have to try that effect myself.

I prefer the opposite haha, lots of space for the colour. Only problem is I've had mixed results with the decals wrinkling up like an elephant's ballsack in a jacuzzi so do more of the black-heavy ones. Some video on Youtube suggested hitting the decals with a covering of clearcoat whilst they're still on the paper and it helps a little but still easier with more toner.

Aleph Null

Quote from: zombie_rock123 on May 23, 2022, 04:20:52 PM
Quote from: Aleph Null on May 23, 2022, 04:07:21 PM

I prefer the opposite haha, lots of space for the colour. Only problem is I've had mixed results with the decals wrinkling up like an elephant's ballsack in a jacuzzi so do more of the black-heavy ones. Some video on Youtube suggested hitting the decals with a covering of clearcoat whilst they're still on the paper and it helps a little but still easier with more toner.

I've had similar experiences with large solid colors on water slide decals. That's part of what makes it so impressive to me! I have found spraying a 1:1 vinegar/water mixture on the enclosure helps to prevent silvering. The decals still wrinkle up, but the vinegar seems to help them relax more easily before they dry.

zombie_rock123

Silvering! Can't believe I hadn't realised there'd be a name for it! Thanks for that, will give it a test :D