News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lectric-fx Downtown-EHX deluxe octave multiplexer

Started by Thewintersoldier, May 21, 2022, 08:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

I've had this one done for a while but not boxed up due to various reasons and experimenting with values for the passive blend of the fuzz pot. This is based on the big box late 70s/early 80s version and not the newer 3 knob version. This is a monophonic pedal so chords and lower notes do not track perfectly. This can also be used in a really cool way in the right context. Also like most octave devices, the tracking and sound is best on the neck pickup but the bridge will also sound really cool on this.
The fuzz is pretty much a muff fuzz I believe, passively blended with the octave section for some really cool synth type tones. This is how I use the pedal most of the time. I adjusted values of the fuzz mixer to get the octave and fuzz at equal values when the fuzz is maxed. I didn't like how the fuzz was always lower and gave a perceived volume drop. The tone is a basic bmp tone stack, and the bass switch cuts highs for really deep bass. The sub harmonic knob pans between 1 octave down ccw, 2 oct down cw and a 50/50 blend in the middle making it easy to get what your after octave wise.
In the video I looped what I thought of while playing the pedal to show the range of each control clean and with the fuzz. I apologize for the dog bumping the camera during the end as Marshall wanted my attention. Another fantastic edition to my vintage EHX collection from Scruffie and Keefe at Lectric-fx.

Who the hell is Bucky?

zombie_rock123

Christ man do you ever get bored with setting the bar this high! Stunning addition to the collection, even a dumbass like me can recognise the artwork  ;D

Loving the demo videos you're rocking with these reports too.
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

blackhatboojum

Hell Yes!  Another one that you've knocked out of the park!
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

Bio77

Killer build, Chris!  I've got to give your light box a try some day.  Those pictures look really nice.  8)

Thewintersoldier

Thanks guys, it's a fun one. And John, the box cost me nothing but a half hour of time so you should definitely make one!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

Paradox916

Killing it as usual buddy....[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nzCdog