News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Both channels at once

Started by jimilee, May 26, 2022, 08:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Do you think there is a way to activate 2 channels at once with a Dpdt toggle or stomp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

matmosphere

Are you thinking series or parallel?

Also what all options do you want? Each channel on its own and both together?

jimilee

Quote from: matmosphere on May 26, 2022, 09:49:32 AM
Are you thinking series or parallel?

Also what all options do you want? Each channel on its own and both together?
That's a great question. I would like to try both to see which sounds better.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

nzCdog

That's  a really interesting idea. Series could be easy enough. Parallel however...would you need an summing amplifier to get the mix right?🤔

jimilee

Quote from: nzCdog on May 29, 2022, 12:42:39 PM
That's  a really interesting idea. Series could be easy enough. Parallel however...would you need an summing amplifier to get the mix right?[emoji848]
Would series just be matter of an spdt connecting outs 1 and 2?

nzCdog

You want one channel's output going into the other one's input, for series. For parallel, you could try what you suggested with the spdt. The mix might not be even though, depending on the output impedances of the 2 channels.  Could sound fine though, can't hurt to try.

nzCdog

What are you making Jimi? Is this a 2 channel pedal? Im at work now, but gimme some time and I can draw up a switching diagram later on. :)

jimilee

Quote from: nzCdog on May 29, 2022, 03:12:14 PM
What are you making Jimi? Is this a 2 channel pedal? Im at work now, but gimme some time and I can draw up a switching diagram later on. :)

It's the Gray Channel. The diagram above is how it is wired currently. Ideally, it would be a switchable mod.

gordo

I think Bugg is working on a simple switching system over at PedalPCB that looked pretty slick.  Jacob's Paralyzer takes an active approach and if you REALLY want to go down the rabbit hole his Epic Bypass looper is...well...epic.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

nzCdog

Hey Jimi... please excuse hand drawn pic, I tried to use DIYLC, but it wouldn't run on my PC for some reason.

This should work to switch both channels on in parallel.  I'd invite you to test it works OK, you could use a 3PDT toggle  :)

jimilee

Quote from: nzCdog on May 29, 2022, 11:50:07 PM

Hey Jimi... please excuse hand drawn pic, I tried to use DIYLC, but it wouldn't run on my PC for some reason.

This should work to switch both channels on in parallel.  I'd invite you to test it works OK, you could use a 3PDT toggle  :)
Fantastic, thank you.