Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Arghh...earworm.

Started by madbean, June 07, 2022, 08:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BricksnBeatles

Quote from: matmosphere on June 09, 2022, 12:51:54 PM
Quote from: peccary on June 09, 2022, 09:08:56 AM
My daughter is two and a half right now and her favorite movie is Moana. I've had "You're Welcome!" stuck in my head for about two months now. I wake up in the middle of the night with "I'm just an ordinary demi-guy!" already locked and loaded. The song is hilarious and great, but my god when will it end?!?!

Just wait til she sees Encanto... Let's just say I hear a LOT about Bruno, especially for a guy that we don't talk about.
Heard that one in Home Depot the other day in between two generic bro-country tunes. Thought it was pretty funny to hear a Disney song there

peccary

Just wait til she sees Encanto... Let's just say I hear a LOT about Bruno, especially for a guy that we don't talk about.

;D

We've gotten through bits and pieces of that - it's a lot more complex of a story than Moana so it doesn't keep her interest as much yet. I'm not a big Disney person and wasn't big on us getting the Disney channel but I'm glad we did, but mainly because they have Flight of the Navigator on there and I can't wait to watch that one with her one day!

peccary

Oops - this was an accident and I'm not sure how to delete comments. My bad!

harryklippton

Quote from: peccary on June 09, 2022, 02:48:51 PM
, but mainly because they have Flight of the Navigator on there and I can't wait to watch that one with her one day!
Oh shit I love that movie.

The main reason I have Disney plus is for marvel

peccary

Quote from: harryklippton on June 09, 2022, 03:39:12 PM

Oh shit I love that movie.

The main reason I have Disney plus is for marvel

I don't know what I'm going to do when she discovers we're like three freeway exits from Disneyland. I'm not sure I'll make it.

Aleph Null

Quote from: peccary on June 09, 2022, 02:48:51 PM

;D

We've gotten through bits and pieces of that - it's a lot more complex of a story than Moana so it doesn't keep her interest as much yet. I'm not a big Disney person and wasn't big on us getting the Disney channel but I'm glad we did, but mainly because they have Flight of the Navigator on there and I can't wait to watch that one with her one day!

The Disney+ subscription is worth it just for access to Bluey. If you haven't seen that show yet, watch it! It's definitely accessible for a two year old, but there's lots of Easter eggs for parents too. My wife and I will watch it after the kids go to bed.

peccary

Quote from: Aleph Null on June 09, 2022, 04:00:15 PM
The Disney+ subscription is worth it just for access to Bluey. If you haven't seen that show yet, watch it! It's definitely accessible for a two year old, but there's lots of Easter eggs for parents too. My wife and I will watch it after the kids go to bed.

I love Bluey - the ice cream episode is probably my favorite. "Ehhhh... it's pretty fair." is something I say pretty often  ;D

madbean

Newsflash: all better. If you are wondering how best to cure an earworm: drive through middle Tennessee while listening to Coltrane's A Love Supreme. It's magic!

mattc

A Love Supreme makes everything better!

harryklippton

I listened to a Santana interview a few months ago, and he said that every time he checks into a hotel, he plays a love supreme as a sonic sage to clear out whatever happened in there the night before. He said a lot of other goofy stuff too but that's the appeal 😂

Aleph Null

Quote from: peccary on June 09, 2022, 04:06:29 PM
Quote from: Aleph Null on June 09, 2022, 04:00:15 PM

I love Bluey - the ice cream episode is probably my favorite. "Ehhhh... it's pretty fair." is something I say pretty often  ;D

Have you started counting long dogs and tennis balls? There's one in almost every episode.

Haberdasher

A have an odd recurring earworm.  Every now and again, I'll get a section of a Souza march going through my head which will just come out of nowhere.  Crashing cymbals and everything.  It usually takes me a couple of days to shake it.  The weird thing is, it happens with 2 or 3 different marches of his, almost like they take turns rotating.  They must really be tattooed in my brain because I never listen to that kind of music otherwise.  I mean, he was obviously the MAN when it came to that type of music, but to be stuck on them like that is really annoying.  After a while it might as well be something like Send in the Clowns.
FWIW, I was never in a marching band.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Aentons

For the last several years mine has been The Freaks Come Out At Night by Whodini

The freaks come out!

peAk

Stranger Things did it to me with - Twist of Fate - as well

Super rad that these songs and artists get a nice bump again when these things happen

nzCdog

Quote from: Tremster on June 08, 2022, 09:44:27 AM

Zomg this thread. And this song... Just started back with my old covers band! Having a lot of fun, but dang we play some earworms! This one (Final Countdown) is now banned in our house after I had to learn the solo, sorry to my patient family... Took some time to get a passable version 😆