News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Lectric-FX old Chap-Deluxe Electric Mistress

Started by Thewintersoldier, June 11, 2022, 06:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

This is the upcoming Old Chap from Keefe and Scruffie. It will be out very soon so keep your eyes peeled for the drop. This is based on the big box Deluxe version of the electric mistress. It has a different tone and feel than the non deluxe mistress and current lover. The 18v operation gives it a brighter more airy sound. The sweep is a little more dramatic sounding and has a more metallic feel to my ears. Great range across the dials and sounds fantastic on both clean and distorted tones. This is so fun and inspiring to play. The chorus tones are fantastic and the higher feedback settings are still musical and unlike a lot of other flangers. If you're looking for a chewy flanger with tone in spades and a great layout this is the one. @diablochris6 mentioned that a good idea for an electric mistress design would be Jocasta  and I've been saving this for this very project. I went with the V3 DEM color scheme on this one. I found a text that was close and modified it to be closer and made the dial indicators from scratch to give the OG vibe. UV print from tayda on matte black. Jump on this project guys, It slaps, its a banger, tight grapes and it definitely F*CKS!

Who the hell is Bucky?

Bio77

blackhatboojum

Sweet, sweet, nectar!  Amazing looking build as always!  I can't wait to build this one. 

"Oh, now feel it coming back again
Like a rolling thunder chasing the wind
Forces pulling from the center of the Earth again
I can feel it"

Yeah, that's right.  I was singing along with that shit lol.
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

Paradox916

Sick build, once again you have me rethinking how I feel about an effect.  [emoji91]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gordo

Geez that looks tight.  I love the enclosure!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

harryklippton

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Bio77 on June 11, 2022, 07:00:55 PM
Holy crap, man!  This is next level.
I learned from the best John!

Quote from: blackhatboojum on June 11, 2022, 07:02:48 PM
Sweet, sweet, nectar!  Amazing looking build as always!  I can't wait to build this one. 

"Oh, now feel it coming back again
Like a rolling thunder chasing the wind
Forces pulling from the center of the Earth again
I can feel it"

Yeah, that's right.  I was singing along with that shit lol.
I was singing while I was playing it, you just can't hear that part lol

Quote from: Paradox916 on June 11, 2022, 07:16:58 PM
Sick build, once again you have me rethinking how I feel about an effect.  [emoji91]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Flangers get a bad rap, but this one is my favorite. I looooooove this pedal. it can do some many sounds.

Quote from: gordo on June 11, 2022, 07:20:25 PM
Geez that looks tight.  I love the enclosure!

Thanks Gordo I'm really happy how it turned out. I went thru a couple versions and scrapped it in the 11th hour and did this. I learned to never settle.
Who the hell is Bucky?

Thewintersoldier

Who the hell is Bucky?

nzCdog

zombie_rock123

Amazing build and your demo videos are doing a stonking job showing these off
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

gordo

You've inspired me to go all in on the DMM build.  I buddy of mine has been lusting after an original DMM for ages so I need to do something super special with the enclosure and give it to him.  Which, of course, means I need to order another board for me...

Thinking I'll work thru your tutorial to get as close to the original artwork as possible.  You've got this down to a science.  And good on you going all proto with LFX.  Very good peeps those two.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: nzCdog on June 11, 2022, 08:59:08 PM
Dang! This is epic... Congrats 8)
Thank you, the epic stuff is from lectric!

Quote from: zombie_rock123 on June 11, 2022, 11:07:38 PM
Amazing build and your demo videos are doing a stonking job showing these off
Thanks, the demos are not just a proof of life check. It gets me playing and back into recording and being creative. I mean we are supposed to build these things to play and be creative right??? 😂

Quote from: gordo on June 11, 2022, 11:25:27 PM
You've inspired me to go all in on the DMM build.  I buddy of mine has been lusting after an original DMM for ages so I need to do something super special with the enclosure and give it to him.  Which, of course, means I need to order another board for me...

Thinking I'll work thru your tutorial to get as close to the original artwork as possible.  You've got this down to a science.  And good on you going all proto with LFX.  Very good peeps those two.
Thank you Gordy, that means a lot coming from you. When I first stumbled onto this board in 2017 long before I registered, your builds were very impressive to me and something I aspired to achieve, and I'm still not close to the finish line. I finally comfortable in what I'm doing and having so much fun doing it. Let me know if I can help in any way. I don't know everything but what I do know I do ok with.
Who the hell is Bucky?