News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tourbus wrong turns.

Started by Derpinador, July 03, 2022, 10:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derpinador

This is a tale from the weird side. Got my tourbus assembled, voltage readings no were close to MB's but nothing off the scale. Said screw it put op amp chips in, nothing smoking(yes I know the smell after that TS build TO well...)ok, place the 571 and 4047.. still nothing cooking hot. place the 3005's... no need yet for the extinguisher.
I run a signal through, I get an effect without distorting!! Now it gets weird.... run away self oscillation from to much feedback, no big but does it from 1 o'clock onwards clockwise. I play with some other settings and I get a result similar using a Boss Slo pedal/swell effect but I can hear the pick strike.  And the punchline I have YET to adjust a single trimpot on the daughter board, it's how they came from Mouser :o
Any clue to the cause? go with the 'just match voltage on X pins via the 2 bias/gain trimmers or just leave it alone and make some funky sci fi BGM?

I'll post a pic later of the guts, most of my DMM readings were like 15.52 or 3.54 except a 2 pins that had juice that should have been dead but those were like .34