News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

You know what sounds surprisingly good through a RAT pedal? A pipe organ.

Started by midwayfair, June 18, 2022, 10:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

I should build one, I had to use the simulation in Logic to do this.

I had designed a pedal a while back that a friend told me sounded a lot like a RAT (the Mossy Sloth, which was an answer to the question "how many MOSFETs can I fit in a small circuit?"), but it didn't do remotely the same thing. I have more than one pedal that lets me goof up the bias because I was trying to get a tearing sound. Tried a bit crusher, too. A bunch of things sounded kinda close, but it was the RAT that actually sounded correct. Neat.

Aentons

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Derpinador

to hell with a Floyd laser show, that organ through a rat or a flanger....

alanp

Pipe organs make everything better.

Most ordinary people have no. Freaking. IDEA. Just how much...

POWER

a good pipe organ has. Couple that with a virtuoso player...

I've read a Gutenberg Project book that claims that the pipe organ is the only really home DIY friendly musical instrument, as you can make it entirely with things from the hardware store -- you don't need tuners, you don't need guitar strings or similar... :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

midwayfair

Sorry Jimi you'll have to wait to hear that song :P

The rat+pipe organ part is literally only two bars of the song. It's one of those things that I thought really needed to be there, though (and it's right before the last chorus), so I just found it funny how much thought and effort went into it.

Quote from: alanp on June 18, 2022, 11:04:51 PM
Pipe organs make everything better.

Most ordinary people have no. Freaking. IDEA. Just how much...

POWER

a good pipe organ has. Couple that with a virtuoso player...

I've read a Gutenberg Project book that claims that the pipe organ is the only really home DIY friendly musical instrument, as you can make it entirely with things from the hardware store -- you don't need tuners, you don't need guitar strings or similar... :)

My German teacher in high school played pipe organ. I didn't appreciate how utterly insanely difficult it was to play one when I was in high school.

I have an acquaintance in the local music scene that repairs, them, too. They rebuilt one recently and the amount of work involved is insane.