News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tour Bus PGE

Started by Thewintersoldier, June 18, 2022, 11:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

First off, let me say this is a fantastic project. Kudos to Brian for a fantastic layout and build doc and Benny profane for his help in the calibration write up. Top notch all the way. This went together fast and without a hitch...well just one. I opted to use the optional speed pot instead of the switch. I had an LFO tick and it turns out the wires to the speed pot were too long and amplifying the signal elsewhere, I made them as short as possible and problem solved. Calibration was fast and pretty much down the middle  for each trimmer. The sound...classic DMM in a 125b. What's not to love here. For the enclosure I tried the new metallic silver that tayda is offering and I really like it, it's got a nice semi-gloss sheen that's not too reflective. Kang the conqueror is a man of space and time and perfect for this build. Obligatory glamour shots and video clip showing one of my favorite ways to use the memory man. I plan on doing the negative ground edition as well and running them side by side for a shorter and longer setting. Jump on this people, it's legit and it f*cks.

Who the hell is Bucky?

madbean

Looks fantastic. I think you have the first show of a build for this. I'm a little surprised by the ticking but at least it was easily solved.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: madbean on June 18, 2022, 11:38:25 AM
Looks fantastic. I think you have the first show of a build for this. I'm a little surprised by the ticking but at least it was easily solved.
Thanks Brian, I am in love with this pedal. Playing this with the new deluxe electric mistress is the deluxe edition of my playing experience. Now I wait patiently to do it again with the nge while I get lost playing this one lol
Who the hell is Bucky?

blackhatboojum

Hot damn!  Amazing build my friend 😁!
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

zombie_rock123

Flawless, sounds absolutely amazing and loving the glamour shot with the top board unplugged
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: zombie_rock123 on June 18, 2022, 01:51:38 PM
Flawless, sounds absolutely amazing and loving the glamour shot with the top board unplugged
Thanks, I thought a lot about how to tastefully show under the top board. I wanted to get really nasty with it and for some reason Bender kept coming to mind.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

cooder

Killa bench mark build and soundz too boost, awesomesauce! Thanks for demo!
BigNoise Amplification

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: cooder on June 18, 2022, 03:34:01 PM
Killa bench mark build and soundz too boost, awesomesauce! Thanks for demo!
I learned from the best!

Quote from: blackhatboojum on June 18, 2022, 12:53:19 PM
Hot damn!  Amazing build my friend 😁!
Thanks Clinton, someone has to show em how it's done lol
Who the hell is Bucky?

Bio77

Amazing build, Chris! Your last few are so next level. That silver is killer.   

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Bio77 on June 19, 2022, 09:58:35 AM
Amazing build, Chris! Your last few are so next level. That silver is killer.
Thanks John, means a lot from someone who's been doing work that's been inspiring me for years now. It's a lot of fun when you are really into the project and it's a pedal you really love.
Who the hell is Bucky?

gordo

Very nicely done.  I'm right behind you on the build but CabinTech shorted me a 3005.  They're making good on it (and super cool to deal with) but will be a few days out.  I did get all my voltages in line, it took me a while to get my head wrapped around what should be any easy concept for the positive ground 18v.  It's much easier to follow the color diagram than try to out-think the process.

I gotta go with the silver enclosure, that looks really top notch especially with the usual crazy good artwork.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Derpinador

Not bad, I'm at the point of waiting for the board, I got the caps, op amps, and pots from Tayda so held off ordering from B until that box left CO. And yes, likely gonna make the NGE version(why some have 4 TS boxes, set and forget  ;D )
I might make the artwork resemble a school bus though.. got cad orange knobs and led's or was that for the dual box with boost and compressor( I won't spell the joke out...who knows who's 'sensitive' about it around here....)

Paradox916

I love the way this turned out,  I'm going to have to try and tackle this at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk