News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

3PDT Switch in Eagle

Started by skypn, June 26, 2022, 11:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skypn

I didn't know where to start to find my answer, so I started here. TIA.
Consider these pics:
3PDT schemeatic

The board in Eagle. Note the highlighted nets.

I don't understand why A1/A2 and C1/C2 are connected.
I strongly suspect its something I did, as B1/B2 aren't connected.

I welcome any help.
Knowledge for Knowledge's Sake

BricksnBeatles

Your JI and In as well as your JO and Out pins are probably connected to the same nets in the schematic, similar to how all the ground symbols you add to a schematic will alway default to the same net.

skypn

BricksnBeatles said
QuoteYour JI and In as well as your JO and Out pins are probably connected to the same nets in the schematic, similar to how all the ground symbols you add to a schematic will alway default to the same net.

Traveling down the path you've lead me, I was able to determine that yes, they are on the same net, but why, I ask. Unlike the ground pads, which "I" connected in the schematic, and acts like any net with more than one pad (or node), the switch is acting differently. It doesn't NOT act like a set of 6 disconnected nodes, which is the only way I can wrap my head around it for now. It acts like it has an internal connection between 1 and 3, as I highlighted.
At one point the schematic showed them as two different nets, but the board still connected them.
Connect one at a time, two different nets.
My next try is maybe creating a foot print that is just that, an array of pads, like input pads, if possible. Or use three separate 1PDT switches.

Thank You for your help, I did learn a couple things looking into it.
Knowledge for Knowledge's Sake