News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zoom. Zooooooooooom. zoom us?

Started by madbean, June 29, 2022, 12:19:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

Muadzin

Anyone to shy to show their real face could still hide behind an avatar. I think Zoom allows for that option. Most important thing is to auto-mute every participant except for the hoster though, as the focus window will shift to anyone having a cough, eating a snack or who just breathes heavily otherwise. Pressing the space bar will unmute anyone if they want to ask or say something.

Bret608

This sounds like a lot of fun! Would definitely join anytime I have a build in progress...

fair.child

Bean, I'd like to join. When is this going to happen?

madbean

Quote from: fair.child on July 11, 2022, 06:03:42 AM

Not sure yet. I might have Covid atm. Going to take a test here in a bit. The next few days might be a bit miserable  :(

matmosphere

That sucks,take care man! In my experience even a mild case was like having a bad cold.

BricksnBeatles

Take care mate— Feel better!

I'd second the discord idea too— the fact that it allows for text chat as well is compelling, and it makes it so people don't all have to be on the same page at once

thesmokingman

Quote from: madbean on July 11, 2022, 01:02:04 PM

Not sure yet. I might have Covid atm. Going to take a test here in a bit. The next few days might be a bit miserable  :(
I got mine the last week of June and am just now feeling truly able to be at work at full mental capacity. It's a bumpy ride, even with the vax, the boost, and the antiviral.
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

fair.child

Quote from: madbean on July 11, 2022, 01:02:04 PM

I know how it feels and hope you're feeling better. I'm on the same boat like yours, now quarantining at home and still tested positive for COVID.

madbean

Quote from: fair.child on July 12, 2022, 02:59:49 AM
I know how it feels and hope you're feeling better. I'm on the same boat like yours, now quarantining at home and still tested positive for COVID.

It looks like I may have wriggled my way out of it. I was sick for 2 days, but tested negative yesterday. Today I was well enough to on my usual bike ride. So, maybe I fought it off or I am just asymptomatic? But, I'm going to keep isolated for a few more days just in case.

Anyway, we'll plan on this first meeting by the end of this month. I'll make an announcement as so as I come up with the plan. These next few days are going to be focused on the next release.

atreidesheir

I haven't built anything in too long.
I think this meeting could spur people like me to do something.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

culturejam

I am absolutely down for this. Brian, if you need a hand with setup or whatever, I'm happy to help out.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

fair.child

Just community question, how are we doing on this? Is it still on by the end of the month?

madbean

Quote from: fair.child on July 24, 2022, 06:43:40 PM
Just community question, how are we doing on this? Is it still on by the end of the month?

Gotta go OOT for a couple days so we'll push this to the first week of Aug. I'll get this set up as soon as I get back.

fair.child

Yasss!!! It's still on. Can't wait to see amazing projects