News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

GOTA Power Boost-EHX LPB-1

Started by Thewintersoldier, June 30, 2022, 10:57:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

Don't like 1590a builds? Me neither. Like simple boosts? Yeah, I do too. The power boost is a simple lpb-1 based on the Madbean donut. I wanted to build one but I had a really hard time finding an lpb-1 in a 125b format and I didn't want to do Vero, and I was chatting with my guy David of effectslayouts and he said say no more fam. He made this layout for me to fab boards. It was a nice surprise and a lovely gesture, one of many reasons I love the diy community. I based my design on a lesser seen version of the original unit. The colors came out great on this tayda UV print. Power Man aka Luke Cage is the power booster lol. No demo because it's a boost people, it makes things louder or more compressed. Also Im getting over covid so loud noise makes my head hurt worse. The members of the illuminati and a select group of others will be getting one of these boards to build.

Who the hell is Bucky?

Govmnt_Lacky

Nice work as always!!

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on June 30, 2022, 10:57:16 AM
The members of the illuminati and a select group of others will be getting one of these boards to build.

Lololololol

peccary

That's excellent. Great work as always!

storyboardist

That came out great! I shoulda made you a footswitch board so the boards match.
Guy behind Effects Layouts

Bio77

Looks awesome!  8) 

Glad you are on the mend.  Lot's of people in my orbit have been getting COVID, recently. 

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

EBK

My MBP Donut is the simplest pedal I have ever fallen in love with.  The LPB-1 is one of those circuits you could look at and say, "This can't possibly be worth building," but you'd be wrong.  It doesn't do much, but it does it very well.

Nice work!
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

zombie_rock123

I'd never seen that original artwork, fantastic homage! Like EBK says it's a wonderful circuit
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

jimilee

Very cool bit of history and pedal.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

blackhatboojum

Most badass LPB-1 I've ever seen!
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

Paradox916

Sweet build! How you Mached that blue on the enclosure and knob you nailed it perfectly.  I never played a straight boost before I'm curious now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jessenator

Freakin' rad inside and out! Totally hear you on the veroboard side. Now seeing yours makes me want to add a bypass to mine.