News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

3 new builds-more EHX content

Started by Thewintersoldier, July 04, 2022, 11:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

No demos again. Lot of stuff going on, it's not really conducive with everything going on. So I have 3 builds here. First up is a V1 small stone phaser. I've now built all 3 versions from lectric-fx. Version 2 and 3 are closer in tone to each other imo. V1 has a different LFO and the shape of the phasing is much different sounding to me. Ben Grimm on matte orange enclosure.

Next is the Bassballs dual filter. This is a wild sounding filter. Some cool sounds if you want to experiment with a different type of filter. Although billed as a bass effect it also sounds cool on guitar. Mashup of original graphics with cannonball symbol on yellow tayda enclosure.

Last up is the Doctor Q envelope filter. A bare bones filter with just a sensitivity knob. The bass switch is kinda pointless except on low sens. settings on bass. Internal range trimmer for set and forget. I decided to bypass the input buffer and diode mods and go straight vintage spec, hence the missing components. Board is called doctor quack so I had to do Howard the duck on matte dark grey enclosure.

Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Nice, I'm loving it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

pretty outstanding work Chris, they are all looking so clean.

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: jimilee on July 04, 2022, 12:31:38 PM
Nice, I'm loving it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Jimi!

Quote from: jjjimi84 on July 04, 2022, 01:31:43 PM
pretty outstanding work Chris, they are all looking so clean.
I'm trying Dan, they can't all be winners unfortunately but I do put the effort in, so it's alright.

Quote from: cooder on July 04, 2022, 01:54:53 PM
Swishness times three  8)
Thanks Stephan, not nearly as good as any of your work!
Who the hell is Bucky?

gordo

Very nice.  I like the single wire color, looks very classy.  The white SpaceHarp board is pristine!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: gordo on July 04, 2022, 05:18:18 PM
Very nice.  I like the single wire color, looks very classy.  The white SpaceHarp board is pristine!
Thanks Gordo, it's not hard to have a clean build, I find it takes no extra time...and I'm not one to clean the board either, I don't know how some people have flux pooled all over it. And the wire thing is something I started earlier this year. I agree it's sexy AF. I always liked seeing cooder's builds with single color wiring and it's my nod to Stephan.
Who the hell is Bucky?

jessenator

Fantastic as always, Thewintersoldier

Bio77

Strong work, Chris!  I really like the Small Stone, the color and theme came together perfectly.