News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Collosalus 2022

Started by Bio77, July 10, 2022, 11:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

Finish this one up this weekend.  Sounds great and noise free.  8)  I'm going to have to incorporate some 18V power into my pedal board with all the new awesome projects coming out, recently. I goofed putting in the foot switch and got some wires crossed, which is why there is that weird wire.  I had to do some surgery in the box to flip the output and LED wires.  :P

When I did the set up I used my DMM  to set the clock. I got 30kHz on the low end of the manual knob and 1MHz on the high. But when I played it there was a bit to much sproing on the low end of the sweep, so, I adjusted by ear and wound up at 45kHz, but that was too dead.  So I split the difference and set it to 38kHz. My point here is that setting the clock requires some tweaking.  ;D

I recycled my ~2018 Collosaulus graphic for this version.  Enclosure is no-film on a Tayda powder coat.

harryklippton

Daaaaaaaamn that looks good

Thewintersoldier

Look sick John. The enclosure is so vibrant and in your classic style. Build is looking fantastic inside as always. How do you like it to your prior collosulus? I built the old version and liked it. Wanda approved build.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

benny_profane

Beautiful work! The type and graphics work really well here. Tidy guts (as always)! Looks like you spilled a bit of gold around IC2.

Bio77

Thanks guys!

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on July 10, 2022, 12:47:06 PM
How do you like it to your prior collosulus?
I dig the original.  I actually, bought a second board a while back but  I ran into some trouble with the build so I abandoned it.  It was nice to have it for this, since I had all the chips ready to pick.  If you are asking if you should build this one having the other, I'd say only if you have noise issues with the charge pump.  If you were building your first, this one is the clear winner.  The layout is improved and mounts a lot better on the 16mm pots.  In my original I added some foam to support the board on the 9mms.

Quote from: benny_profane on July 10, 2022, 12:51:33 PM
Looks like you spilled a bit of gold around IC2.
;D I think that's just a weird reflection. 

blackhatboojum

That's a damn good looking build right there.
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

gordo

Excellent.  I always liked that artwork. 
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jjjimi84

Another dynamite build, the original is still in heavy rotation around here a real beautiful flanger.

Bio77