News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone have recommended sellers for V3102 and V3207 ICs

Started by wote, July 13, 2022, 05:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wote

Hey yall, any recommendations on sellers in the US for these ICs? At Cabintech they only have the MN3207 NOS, which I'm willing to try but they are out of the V3102. I'm hesitant of purchasing from ebay sellers that have not been vouched for after being burned enough times with fake ICs. Thanks for any advice!

wote

Nevermind! I didn't see that Cabintech also carries the the MN3102, so I think I'll go that route.

gordo

Cabintech is highly recommended.  They screwed up an order of mine and fixed it pronto.  GREAT to deal with.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

njkmonty

I just bought quite a few NOS mn3102 & MN3207 from Cabintech after reading the recommendation.
30% worked
genuine mixed in with fakes, pretty disappointed.

BryGuy

Pretty sure I got some fakes from them recently. Not sure if it was the BBD or the clock at this point. Only ordered one each so lesson learned I guess. They do say to let them know if you have a higher than 10% fail rate. They have a good reputation so I'm giving them another try. All these supply issue suck. Hopefully they haven't run through all the good NOS.

Derpinador

I have sets of 2 each coming, I got a mini-me/small clone to run the 3207's on but figuring out wtf is going on with the 3102 is new animal. I wanted to put together a pork barrel/CE-2 clone. the gpcb board uses a combo of lm358 and cd4047 to for a clock instead.

gordo

Wow, good to know.  Pretty surprising, given my past orders, but like you mentioned...supply chain being what it is...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

njkmonty

Mark at Cabintech has been pretty reasonable about it at this stage, however I hope they refund me for faulty chips. I also wont be able to get back tax paid importing them, so hopefully I dont get burnt too much.

benny_profane

BryGuy

I don't have much knowledge of this sort of thing but they look sanded and re-labeled. Just got a new one and it definitely looks different. The tops are smoother and the text is really hard to read. Hard to capture on a photo.

BryGuy

The third IC in the one photo is one I just got from GuitarPCB. The other two ICs were from CabinTech.

benny_profane

Did you test them in-circuit, or are you assuming they're fake based on appearance?

Scruffie

I assume because of the desire to call things 'NOS' for some reason, even legitimate chips began getting sanded and relabelled about 7+ years back, so it doesn't really say much.

They don't sand the bottom of the chip though, can sometimes get an idea from that.
Works at Lectric-FX

BryGuy

Circuit was nonfunctioning with these in them. Still waiting on replacement clock. Like I said not much experience with this sort of thing so yeah, I could be wrong. Are there any other ways to tell for sure you have legit ICs?

Bio77

Quote from: BryGuy on August 01, 2022, 09:01:24 PM
Circuit was nonfunctioning with these in them. Still waiting on replacement clock. Like I said not much experience with this sort of thing so yeah, I could be wrong. Are there any other ways to tell for sure you have legit ICs?
Best way is to put them in a circuit you know works.