News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone have recommended sellers for V3102 and V3207 ICs

Started by wote, July 12, 2022, 10:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derpinador

I ran mine, the 3207's, in my mini-me, both worked but the lettering  seems to have vahmoosed off the 1 chip but swear I saw it when I took it out of the static bag. I don't have e proper pork barrel or similar CE1/2 clone to test the 3102's but the printing is still sharp after rubbing my calloused thumbs over them.  Would be nice to have a breadboard test method since I currently lack a pork barrel or ppcb's cephied to stick them in.

Govmnt_Lacky

Best way is to put them in a circuit you know works.
[/quote]

Agree. These BBDs and associated Clocks should be plug and play. Not too much to them. If the circuit works, simply remove the Clock or BBD and replace with suspect IC. Much of the "problem" is verifying that the circuit is 100% working prior to using it as a test bed.

BryGuy

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on August 02, 2022, 07:40:47 AM
Best way is to put them in a circuit you know works.

Agree. These BBDs and associated Clocks should be plug and play. Not too much to them. If the circuit works, simply remove the Clock or BBD and replace with suspect IC. Much of the "problem" is verifying that the circuit is 100% working prior to using it as a test bed.

Yeah, this is definitely the place I am trying to get to. I have no reason to believe that my Caesar Chorus will not work with the proper ICs but I also can't prove that will work currently. I will say that the LFO was not working with the original chips in the circuit but when I pulled them out and tested it the LFO came to life.

njkmonty

QuoteHow're you determining they're fakes?
test in a circuit with a zip socket.

BryGuy

As suspected some new ICs brought everything to life. Seems to be working great now. Got to make some time to figure out weather it was the BBD or the clock that was the trouble now. Or just chuck them both in the bin lol.