News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Digitech EX-7 Rehouse

Started by whowasthursday, July 22, 2022, 09:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whowasthursday

Hey, everyone! I'm searching for a way to keep my Digitech EX-7 on my board, believe it or not. It has a nice legacy whammy algorithm with a glitchy warble, plus a tone and mix control that, all together, are a big part of my sound.
Wondering if the brains of it can be rehoused into something smaller without an expression pedal (or in an ideal world perhaps with an exp in, but I would be ok without one). I don't even need all of the concentric knobs or access to the other non-Whammy models to be transferred over, although I'm guessing if it can be extracted it's more easiest to keep everything as-is.
Let me know if this is something that would be possible, happy to send gut shots if needed.

Thank you!

diablochris6

It would probably be good to see what's going on inside. I have a feeling that there is either a really large PCB or several PCBs under there that would be a pain to rehouse, not to mention that it is probably engaged by a soft switch in the expression pedal that would either have to be removed or incorporated into your new enclosure.

Most likely, Digitech probably has the most efficient and economical design for this pedal already.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here