News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

EHX EchoFlanger clone (Dandy Horse)

Started by Baskah, July 26, 2022, 04:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baskah

Hi,
Couple weeks ago I finished my second EchoFlanger clone and unlike my first, this one fired up perfectly straight away. I'm really happy with how it turned out.
I have to thank Gordo for the main design! I just edited a little and put the upper labels in (9V, Input, Output, Blend)

Baskah

gordo

Wow, that looks great!!!  I'm glad to see you put the artwork to good use and those knobs are a cool nod to the original.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jjjimi84

Very nice, how is the biasing on this? I just built mine and haven't gotten to that step

Thewintersoldier

Nice, I remember seeing gordo's when he first did it. Nice looking build, I know every one cops the in utero sounds but it had so many great sounds in it.
Who the hell is Bucky?

Jondog

Hi, I'm going to attempt this build at some point, just ordered one. I was going over the documents and noticed on the schematic C46 and C47 are labelled as 1uF tantalum and on the bill of materials they are labelled as electrolytic. Is one better than the other in this spot? I was going to go with electrolytic. Thanks!

Haberdasher

Quote from: Jondog on January 02, 2023, 08:17:36 AM
Hi, I'm going to attempt this build at some point, just ordered one. I was going over the documents and noticed on the schematic C46 and C47 are labelled as 1uF tantalum and on the bill of materials they are labelled as electrolytic. Is one better than the other in this spot? I was going to go with electrolytic. Thanks!
I think they used tantalums on the old originals- and that's probably why they're shown on the schematic- but it may have only been to save space. I used electrolytic on mine with no issues.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

BricksnBeatles

Quote from: Jondog on January 02, 2023, 08:17:36 AM
Tantalum are technically better, but they're more expensive, and as far as I'm aware, the vast majority of tantalum being produced is currently mined by unethical means (human trafficking/slavery, child workers, etc). Electrolytic is 100% fine to use here, and you shouldn't have any problems with it.

Jondog

Great, thanks! Due to the complexity of the build, just wanted to make sure!

Paradox916

Very cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk