News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aion FX Spectron build - Meatball clone

Started by leftwing73, July 26, 2022, 04:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leftwing73

Hey everyone, just built this for a friend in Brooklyn, hence the name. This is a fantastic circuit - total freak show of a pedal. Nota terribly complicated build but drilling the enclosure by hand with little room for error is a challenge.

jimilee

Very cool. I built an alanp PCB. Interesting pedal. I have to keep the lovetone instructions around so I know how to work it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

Tasty :-)

I think the pedal is harder to use than to build.  Once it's dialed in though...

The MB Flunkee project is the opposite end of the spectrum.  Nowhere near as versatile or nuanced but nearly impossible to get a bad sound out of.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

leftwing73

Quote from: gordo on July 27, 2022, 12:14:27 AM
Tasty :-)

I think the pedal is harder to use than to build.  Once it's dialed in though...

The MB Flunkee project is the opposite end of the spectrum.  Nowhere near as versatile or nuanced but nearly impossible to get a bad sound out of.

Yes exactly. It's got a learning curve. Turn a knob 1mm changes everything in some cases. About 90% of the sounds it makes are "meh" but the other 10% are insane. So much fun though.

LaceSensor

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

Nice work! Pedal looks great and I agree with Gordo, the build isn't bad but dialing it in certainly is.