News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Russian Big Muff from a friend

Started by blackhatboojum, August 08, 2022, 10:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackhatboojum

You've already seen the build report so, this is more of a build appreciation / ass kissing thread lol.  My man Chris, aka @thewintersoldier, sent me this badass Russian Big Muff!  When I first started building effects pedals, I kept seeing these build reports by this person "thewintersoldier".  I had no idea who this person was but, I instantly became a fan.  The circuits were things I wanted to own and build.  The quality and attention to detail were top notch.  The aesthetics and themes of these builds were awesome.  I thought to myself, "Someday I want to build some shit like that!".  Fast forward many, many months later and I build a Man O' War.  Next thing I know, I'm getting complimented about my build from this guy.  "Holy crap!  This is friggin awesome!" I think to myself.  From there, things just began to snowball.  We start chatting through pm's.  We start trading parts.  etc... etc... until the point we're at now, where I consider Chris a friend.  The guy has helped me so much, that I have pedal board of effects that he built for me or, supplied the major parts for.  I can't thank him enough for his generosity, taking me under his wing, and showing me ways to be a better effects builder.  On top of that, he builds and sends me my favorite fuzz pedal of all time.  Thank you so much Chris!

The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

Thewintersoldier

Thanks Clinton, I had fun doing this and I'm glad it will get lots of use. I had a lot of people around here help me out and show me the ropes while pushing me to be a better builder through generosity of both time and parts. The list of people is so long that it feels like the whole forum. I'm glad I'm finally in a position to do the same and see that soon enough you will too. That's what I love about this little corner of the internet and I hope it always stays that way for the new batch of builders.
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Very cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

This is super cool! Chris is one helluva good dude.

Paradox916