News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Schematic Fuzz

Started by storyboardist, August 16, 2022, 06:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

storyboardist

A little while ago had the idea to do a simple circuit with the schematic on the silkscreen with the components paced on the corresponding symbol. Initially I just thought it would look cool, but I think it's a good tool for translating between schematic and pcb for beginners. It's just a Fuzz Face, but it worked well for the task. Some inspiration struck for graphics, so I boxed it up last night. MP38 germaniums and I fit it in a 1590B with top mounted jacks.

Guy behind Effects Layouts

Martan

Love it! Very cool layout and labelling.

Great job!

madbean

zombie_rock123

Top mounted jacks in a 1590B will never not be impressive  :o board looks great!
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

soggybag

Aleph Null

That's a really fun idea! The build doc is right on the PCB!

in8241

benny_profane

Very cool! It looks great put together. What's going on with the off-board resistor?

LaceSensor

inspired idea. Really cool. Looks vintage too like it came with on the cover of a magazine

jimilee

Quote from: benny_profane on August 16, 2022, 12:28:21 PM
Very cool! It looks great put together. What's going on with the off-board resistor?
Looks like the clr for the LED.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

storyboardist

Thanks guys!

Quote from: madbean on August 16, 2022, 07:22:42 AM
That is brilliant!

High praise! Thanks Brian

Quote from: jimilee on August 17, 2022, 08:43:28 AM
Quote from: benny_profane on August 16, 2022, 12:28:21 PM
Looks like the clr for the LED.

Yep. Didn't include the LED on the schematic, so I just wired the anode to the DC jack, then the cathode to the CLR and down to the switch to ground it.
Guy behind Effects Layouts

diablochris6

That is clever! Great execution.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

BryGuy

Looks great all around.

Jakes Dad

Got mine yesterday and populated it last night.  Cool idea but weird that the board is the BoM.

Chuck