News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Behringer Ultra Vibrato rehouse-o-tron special

Started by LaceSensor, August 16, 2022, 10:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

I have rehoused a Behringer Ultra Vibrato before so have some skill and experience there. Despite that I still managed somehow to kill one board in the making here(!) meaning 3 UV300s we're killed to achieve this 

It's a stereo in stereo out parallel dual vibrato. The idea came from another DIY project here with the dual small clone choruses in a box.  I retained the original switching which I suppose is a reasonable buffered bypass, but replaced the tactile activation with soft touch SPST switches. The un/latch selection is now on a toggle per side. The other toggle is to add a capacitor in parallel to c15 to slow down the LFO rate range. The range of useful cap here starts about 330nF, and I actually put another 680nF in parallel, as I wanted it to go super slow.

There is a stereo splitter/buffer on vero which allows multiple use permutations in conjunction with switching jacks on the inputs and outputs. You can do mono in& out and just use one of the vibratos which basically gives chorus (because the outputs are summed, and you have clean basically from the active op-amp splitter circuit ahead of the vibratos), or a parallel dual vibrato in mono.

You can also do mono in stereo out and have different vibratos on each amp which is really cool, or indeed stereo chorus wet/dry with only one side engaged, with the ability of course to switch between a slower and faster with crafty foot position on both switches. Lastly it's possible to stereo in/mono out but it's probably an option I'd never use

What is mighty neat, is that ability to "punch in" a random warble either in isolation, or even better perhaps on top of an already warbling sound - by having one side set to latch for the constant warble, then a momentary on the other side to punch in.  Anyway, theres so many options and permutations.

I didnt get round to any labelling or graphics yet, perhaps I will.
The case is from Hammond, one of their standard electronics enclosures. This one is 180mm x 180mm x 56mm at its highest. Its reminiscient of things like the SnazzyFx and a bit Lovetone-ish cos of the slant front. The base is steel but was fine to drill, the top is aluminium. Its powdercoated in contrasting greys.

For the curious, I have added the buffer/splitter vero and a basic scheme of the in/out switching jacks.

Enjoy!

zombie_rock123

That's all kinds of awesome! Really, really wanting to hear ever so slightly different speed vibrato in stereo now.
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

LaceSensor

thats one of the applications I wanted out of it. Its pretty wild

zombie_rock123

I mean you had me at desoldering Behringer pots. The jacks are enough of a pain. Thank you for sharing the very layouts, they're awesome 👌

How many pints buys a 60 second stereo demo?
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

LaceSensor

I dont really have the facility to record a stereo demo, sadly.