News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Heads-up on Mouser "Economy" shipping - currently taking 35 to 45 days in the US

Started by mauman, August 24, 2022, 03:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauman

Just a heads-up that I've been corresponding with Mouser about several of my orders stuck in their Economy Shipping mode, where they ship via UPS who hands it off to US Postal for delivery.  This normally takes 3 to 7 days (I live in TX and receive shipments from a Mouser warehouse one county over.)  Since July, it's taking 35 to 45 days, and Mouser says the issue is with UPS who is holding packages that long.  They don't know when it will improve.  For now, best to avoid this shipping option if you're not very patient. Stuff does arrive eventually.

madbean

Man I sure do miss when I lived in Austin and could get my Mouser orders within a day or two at most. Anyway, thanks for the heads up.

BricksnBeatles

Been having that issue with USPS in general since the beginning of summer. Most things that would usually take a day or two are taking at minimum 3 full weeks. Usually 5-6 weeks tho

Aentons

I was told by the person that handles it at my local post office that UPS will just park locked trucks at the USPS office and not send anyone to unload them and there is nothing USPS can do about it.

atreidesheir

How can that be cost effective?
I am  not sure I buy that they park a truck, maybe a trailer.

My first memory of UPS was getting excited seeing the van in my neighborhood.  It was because I turned 6 around the time SWAT was on tv.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

Aentons

Quote from: atreidesheir on September 11, 2022, 07:22:31 PM
Yes, I meant trailer truck. Im from the south

jimilee

Quote from: Aentons on September 11, 2022, 09:07:26 PM
Quote from: atreidesheir on September 11, 2022, 07:22:31 PM
Yes, I meant trailer truck. Im from the south
Bwahahahaha me too. Our words are sometimes strange and confusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

mauman

To close the loop on this saga, I received a Mouser order on October 6 that was shipped economy on August 18.  49 days, UPS had it for 48 days, Post Office had it for one.  My final waylaid Mouser order was shipped August 19, and UPS handed it off to US Postal on October 27.  Post office says it should be here Oct 29.  Total 71 days: UPS 69 days, Postal Service 2. 

On the bright side, I'm still receiving, on time, packages that are shipped via the standard UPS method.  It's just the "UPS to USPS" bargain rate that UPS has, apparently, abandoned.  And Mouser stepped up and reshipped all of my delayed orders at no charge, although it was not their fault, so the parts arrived here in time for my builds. 

oeslicoalfin

2 days from TX to AZ with USPS. 70 days with UPS. Just received order today. UPS Mail Innovations only 10 to 14 days on eBay components from overseas even when going through customs. Normal UPS orders from Mouser arriving on time and fine since Mail Innovations snafu. I had a similar problem during lockdown and Mouser stepped-up and also replaced it at their cost. So, you weren't the only one in the forum, and I'm glad this saga is over for us... Happy building!   

Govmnt_Lacky

Just placed an order with Mouser this morning. There was no option for "UPS to USPS." There was only UPS Ground, FedEx Ground, and Overnight.

gordo

I haven't been paying attention lately but I think my last few orders on the cheap seats were stupid fast as usual...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?