News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

dual current lover through zero

Started by 29palms, August 25, 2022, 10:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

29palms

calling all the brains! I'm toying with the idea of grabbing a pair of current lover boards and putting them in a box with a switching option for through zero flanging. I've used Lace Sensor's excellent dual vibe project https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=34081.0 as the base set up and added the switching option as below. Would this work? Any problems you foresee?

danfrank

I can't really follow your drawing but what needs to be done is to put the delay line from board #2 in place of the dry through signal on board #1. The current lover should have a place on the board where you should be able to do what you want.

29palms

Sorry, I should have explained my thinking better. I got the idea from this thread— https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=19244.0 and Brian mentions running another flanger through the send/return of the current lover to get a through zero style effect. Lace Sensor runs a fully wet chorus through the loop in the thread I've linked with some interesting results and he mentions the possibility a second current lover in filter matrix mode. I guess my main concern is will I get clock interference/heterodyning with two ciruits in the same enclosure?

Your Flintlock though zero project sounds awesome Dan but that level of circuit hacking is beyond my pay grade!  ;D

danfrank

Hi again,
I looked at the CL build sheet and see what you're talking about. I had missed what "S" & "R" were... Makes sense now... Yes, your diagram should work. One more question: What is the small board with the op amp on it? Is that used for inversion or to boost signal?
One more thing... On CL board #2, dont connect the S/R together, you dont want dry signal being fed to the output. Dry through signal will kill any TZF sounds. What I'd do on CL board #2 is put a C500k pot between S&R pads so you can have dry signal but you can also dial the dry signal out. So  for TZF, use the pot to dial out dry signal, for dual comb filter nirvana, dial some dry signal in.
Hope this helps.

29palms

Hi Dan, thanks for the reply.
The small vero circuit is Lace Sensor's stereo splitter/buffer from his dual vibe project https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=34081.0 which gives a lot of in/out options for two effects in one box.

For CL #2, I was planning to go with Brian's scheme of switched jacks on the send return so both CLs could be used in 'normal' operation when the Through Zero switch is 'off' but as you have pointed out this would mess up the TZF sounds, I guess I will need another wiring scheme for this as well...
I like your idea of the pot— more knobs=more fun, right?  ;D
Would that pot be a voltage divider to GND?

I'll have a think and post another wiring/switching scheme here for your perusal.
cheers,
George

danfrank

No, just use pins 2&3 on the C500k pot... "Send" goes to pin 2 of pot, "return" goes to pin 3 of pot so CCW of pot gives you attenuated dry signal and CW gives you full dry signal. I used C500k with my A/DA TZF, if C500k doesn't attenuate dry signal enough, use a C1M pot.
You shouldn't need to use switching when this mod is implemented, just use the pot for how much dry through signal you want.

29palms

OK, here's an updated diagram. I think this would allow the FX loop from CL #2 to be used in the standard way— plugging another pedal into the jacks breaks the connection to the pot, without jacks plugged in the S/R runs through the pot, allowing dry signal to be dialled out for through zero.

danfrank

That looks right. Please report back when you get it running!

29palms