News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Oh no... Not electrosmash

Started by Aentons, September 03, 2022, 08:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aentons

gordo

That sucks.  I built their Arduino based pedal.  Was interesting.  Lots of good info on that site though.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

I learned much about the rat pedal from there. Hopefully he will be back up and running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cspar

At least there are plenty of captures in the wayback machine.

http://web.archive.org/web/20220308192557/https://www.electrosmash.com/

lars

It seems the problem was that electrosmash was actually written by a person. The web these days is only allowed to have bot-generated sites full of broken english and useless information.
"Do you tubescreamer on your pedalboard? How about how it works? There are circuits in things, mostly for use of electronic functions. [picture of a wah pedal]"
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

jwin615

All socials dark since 2019. Doesn't look good.

Aentons

Quote from: jwin615 on September 07, 2022, 12:01:10 AM
All socials dark since 2019. Doesn't look good.

The domain registration was just renewed six months ago for another 3 years.

Domain Name: ELECTROSMASH.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1702344396_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.scip.es
Registrar URL: https://www.dondominio.com
Updated Date: 2022-03-17T01:31:37Z
Creation Date: 2012-02-15T16:03:13Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2025-02-15T16:03:13Z

jwin615

Well, at least it won't turn into an electrician dating site for 3 more years...

Aentons

gordo

For Luddites like myself what does the instagram post say?
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Aentons

Quote from: gordo on September 08, 2022, 02:10:54 AM
For Luddites like myself what does the instagram post say?
Its just that somebody decided to re-home the content as an archive and it shows the link I posted

thesmokingman

the URL registration may be current but they likely ran afoul of the server host in one way or another. it's nice someone went to the trouble of rehoming the wayback content ... it also appears their troubles are over as of this writing
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

HalfLife

(even though it's back up)
I have a little personal knowledge re: Electrosmash...

TL;DR - It's Dead Jim. Don't bother. Scrape whatever info you want or need and move on.

I used to email the contact address annually when the security cert expired. I corresponded briefly with the site owner, who cited that deep personal issues led to the shop closure.

The shop has been 'temporarily' closed for over 2 years. The forums have spam and bitcoin schemes. Completely unmodded with a couple dedicated souls that reverse engineer the boards. Also, Electrosmash isn't quite dedicated to 'open source'. They retain and protect all trademarks as well as the Gerbers.

I don't expect the shop to ever open again. I have been waiting for over 2 years.
Quite sad. I wanted a Time Manipulator and a Pedal Pi.

Aentons