News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Return of the King

Started by Thewintersoldier, September 01, 2022, 05:53:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

No this is not a LOTR themed pedal, although as a massive Tolkien fan since I was about 10 years old, middle earth themed pedals was my back up to Marvel. After a conversation with @benny_profane this became a necessity and headed to my board.
We all know what the DMM is and what it does. THE analog delay, the king of BBD. No mods, 24v center positive, all killer no filler. I measured 8 different 100kb pots to get a 100.8k resistance for the maximum delay time with minimal noise. Got it dialed in and it's sounding lush and super quiet on long repeats. It's a tight build with not a lot of room to work with. I went with true bypass wiring instead of the stock wiring because I didn't want the preamp active at all times.
I managed to fit it in a tayda 1590BB2 by adjusting the drill template for the jacks. UV print on matte black with my boi Loki the wielder of the mind stone. I have one more build in the queue so hopefully soon I can get to that as well.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

zombie_rock123

Maaan those red knobs with that artwork make it look like a CGI rendering, stellar work. You and Sum 41 said it best, all killer no filler!
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

blackhatboojum

All killer no filler indeed!  Hot damn, this is a great looking build 🥵🔥!
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

jimilee

Jeeeesssuss, that's amazing looking. You win the internetz for today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: zombie_rock123 on September 01, 2022, 07:47:23 AM
Maaan those red knobs with that artwork make it look like a CGI rendering, stellar work. You and Sum 41 said it best, all killer no filler!
Thanks, that means a lot coming from you, really dig your work! Lately I've been trying to work more with the negative space in the images and using the enclosure itself as part of the design.

Quote from: blackhatboojum on September 01, 2022, 08:04:03 AM
All killer no filler indeed!  Hot damn, this is a great looking build 🥵🔥!
Thanks brother, you keep pushing me to not be complacent!

Quote from: jimilee on September 01, 2022, 08:17:56 AM

LOL you're funny Jimi, I'm just trying to make my pedalboard pretty.
Who the hell is Bucky?

Bio77

Agreed, Chris wins the internet today!  The composition with the colors in the graphic emphasizing the name is just 8)

thomasha

Cool!
Took me some time to see Loki!

BryGuy

gordo

That's just sick on so many levels.  Damn that's a fine looking pedal.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Bio77 on September 01, 2022, 11:20:50 AM

Agreed, Chris wins the internet today!  The composition with the colors in the graphic emphasizing the name is just 8)
I don't know John, I feel like I was just grabbing low hanging fruit on that one haha.

Quote from: gordo on September 01, 2022, 05:03:43 PM
That's just sick on so many levels.  Damn that's a fine looking pedal.
Says the guy with the laser engraved enclosures. I live in everyone else's shadow in the hopes to be at the level of everyone else I take inspiration from. Really humbling to have praise from people like you Gordy.
Who the hell is Bucky?

Daza

in8241

Invertiguy

Holy crap man, that's gotta be one of the nicest pedals I've ever seen! Like it's not even fair. Awesome work as always!

Do you use the emboss of gloss options on the UV print or is that just the normal color layer?
Doomsday Devices

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Invertiguy on September 04, 2022, 02:31:45 AM
Holy crap man, that's gotta be one of the nicest pedals I've ever seen! Like it's not even fair. Awesome work as always!

Do you use the emboss of gloss options on the UV print or is that just the normal color layer?
It's the gloss varnish. They have a matte option but the emboss is not available anymore.
Who the hell is Bucky?

benny_profane

Nice one! The Total Recall is a great project, and this is great execution. Glad to hear it's dialed in so well.