News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Total Recall

Started by VerreyckenGerd, September 15, 2022, 11:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VerreyckenGerd

Working perfectly but still needs 2 holes to fill. (Peak LED and Direct out). All tips are welcome.

Invertiguy

Looks great so far man, I am digging that faceplate!
Doomsday Devices

Thewintersoldier

Man that looks really good. Gut Shot or it didn't happen!
Who the hell is Bucky?

benny_profane

Nice one! Take a look at the Tourbus doc to see how the peak/overload circuit works!

gordo

Wow, I did a double take on that enclosure.  It looked like the old EH version when I first looked at it.  Talk about nailing the vibe of the original!!!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

matmosphere

Yeah, that faceplate is amazing and nails the vibe of the original!

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: benny_profane on September 16, 2022, 07:33:23 AM
Nice one! Take a look at the Tourbus doc to see how the peak/overload circuit works!
I also heeded the advice of blackhatboojum on clipping R31. By removing the gate on the repeats it's just like an original and sounds better on the decay. On my next tour bus the 1m5 resistor will be omitted!
Who the hell is Bucky?

blackhatboojum

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on September 16, 2022, 12:01:12 PM
I also heeded the advice of blackhatboojum on clipping R31. By removing the gate on the repeats it's just like an original and sounds better on the decay. On my next tour bus the 1m5 resistor will be omitted!

Thanks but, all credit needs to go to Scruffie on removing R31 though.  I was just repeating what I read on the forum here  ;).  I can vouch for removing that resistor though.  I too, did it to my total recall and I think it sounds better.  Damn nice looking build you got there.
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

blackhatboojum

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on September 16, 2022, 12:01:12 PM

Thanks but, all credit needs to go to Scruffie on removing R31 though.  I was just repeating what I read on the forum here  ;).  I can vouch for removing that resistor though.  I too, did it to my total recall and I think it sounds better.  Damn nice looking build you got there.
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

BryGuy

Looks great. Where did you get your faceplate?

gordo

Wait, what??  I gotta look into this clipping R31 bit.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: gordo on September 16, 2022, 05:26:48 PM
Wait, what??  I gotta look into this clipping R31 bit.
The post we are referring to was a troubleshooting question that Scruffie answered. He explained that the total recall is based on the reissue big box DMM and that has a gate on the repeats. By removing it you get the vintage circuit style repeats with a much more natural sounding decay. I simply snipped one end of the resistor and closed it back up
Who the hell is Bucky?

VerreyckenGerd

Quote from: BryGuy on September 16, 2022, 03:57:51 PM
Looks great. Where did you get your faceplate?

I drew it up in CAD and engraved it on my DIY CNC router. P.s. I am working on a double version right now with a lot of extra bells and whistles like cross feedback for ping pong delays etc...