News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

CrabDrive (GreenBean)

Started by mhshizz, September 20, 2022, 08:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhshizz

First madbean build, though somewhere around my 15th DIY pedal of 2022. This was my first attempt at drilling my own enclosures  (obviously seeing how off-center things are) so I built two. This is the better looking one of the pair so I'm gonna send it to my dad for Chrimbus. Due to my poor locationing of punch marks, I had to enlarge the area for the mini-pots a large amount, and thus needed to put big knobs to cover my Shame Holes. This also means my rubber stamp labeling looks goofed. But hey, I wouldn't want my projects to look too professional. That would be boring to me. My Pedal Children are all ugly and I love them that way.

Went with a 1n34a instead of the bat41 as I had some left over from other projects. MPSA18 for Q1 & 2.

As far as DIY TS variants go, this is among the best sounding ones. One note: the build document says the red LEDs don't light up, but uh, they absolutely do when that switch position is active.

The doc note about it being a tight fit for the 1590B is no joke. Especially when you get your stuff slight off center as mentioned previously. But hey, it works and sounds fab.

jimilee

Nice, looks fantastic. The LEDs light up according to the strength of your input signal. Humbuckers light 'em right up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

I like the look of the graphics, build came out great!   

mhshizz

Thanks, my fellow Bean Heads. 

Quote from: jimilee on September 20, 2022, 08:33:11 PM
Nice, looks fantastic. The LEDs light up according to the strength of your input signal. Humbuckers light 'em right up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, the reason I was surprised the build docs said the LEDs wouldn't light up is because they do in every other pedal I've owned or built with that style of clipping. I was super curious about it. Almost hoped they wouldn't so I could be like "whooooa, " but my all single-coil Ibanez lit em up just fine.

Quote from: Bio77 on September 20, 2022, 10:18:03 PM
I like the look of the graphics, build came out great!   

Ha, thanks. It's just a $4 wooden stamp on found at Hobby Lobby. You can get the alphabet stamps there too.  ;D

BryGuy

Look great. I've been digging mine but need to finish boxing it up lol.

gordo

Damn that looks slick.  Has a JHS vibe with the simple graphics but the stamps make it look a bit urban. 
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

zombie_rock123

The stamps look amazing! Loving how much the colour makes them pop.
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

Thewintersoldier

welcome to the forum and hope to see more builds, especially madbean builds. Pedal turned out great and I echo the comments above about the stamps looking fantastic.
Who the hell is Bucky?

harryklippton

mhshizz

Thank you all again. Might as well show off the other one.  8)